Is there a lender who will finance the purchase of a house without a down payment or closing costs and wait?

Asked by Tthomas, Burlington, KY Mon Apr 13, 2009

until the tax credit is sent to the buyer and use that as the down payment/closing costs

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Cindy Rohe, Agent, Crestview Hills, KY
Thu Nov 29, 2012
If you do not have a down payment or closing costs, your best bet is to finance with a USDA (rural housing loan) or if you are a veteran VA loans allows you to buy with no money down and in both cases you can ask the seller to pay your closing costs. There are guidelines with these programs so you would need to consulte with a loan officer to see if you qualify for these programs.
0 votes
ss41016, Home Buyer, Florence, KY
Mon Sep 24, 2012
go to "Yes you Can" in Covington, Ky. they will help you get a downpayment. Just check out Kenton County website. This is the best way to buy, if you want a home.
0 votes
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Jan 16, 2011
I don't think the tax credit idea is going to work anywhere, and I know a few people that have tried through various lenders.
0 votes
Lisa Branden…, Agent, Florence, KY
Sun Jan 16, 2011
you can also try rural housing- they do 100% loans- and you can ask the seller to pay something towards your closing costs-
0 votes
Gene Whittle, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Mon Apr 13, 2009
At this time you can not use the Tax Credit for the down payment. However there are still ways to get 100% loans and have the Seller pay your closing cost. Then when the tax credit shows up, you can use it however you see best.

Call or email and we can discuss your specific options and I can put you in contact with the right financing to handle your situation.

Gene Whittle
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Florence Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more