Is there a history of flooding in Heather Glen at Meadow Woods area?

Asked by Marietta, Meadow Woods, Orlando, FL Mon Feb 7, 2011

Answers

4
JonGedge, Other Pro, Orlando, FL
Thu Mar 26, 2015
As Real Estate Agents, we cant touch this specific question with a 10 foot pole! (Except to refer you to a professional like Vicent Paige did).

In General, Central Florida experiences a tremendous amount of rainfall every year and the local counties have enacted local building codes and have taken direct action to try to ameliorate periods of heavy rain by requiring that homes are built on fill dirt mounds and most neighborhoods include retention ponds designed to quickly absorb run off from heavy rain.

In General, flooding is one of the low-risk, high-incident events that we all need to be prepared for in Central Florida, regardless of where you live.

And yes, as a Property Manager, I have vendors on hand ready to take care of this type of occurrence for when one of my clients experiences this situation.
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Go to the tax assessor's website, it will show the flood zoning..
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Disregard the answer below as I was under the impression you were asking about Meadow Woods in Heather Glen here in Cobb County, GA. Best of Luck, but if you go to the tax records for the house it will tell you the chances of floods in the area.
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Mar 19, 2011
The land there has probably experienced floods or flooding conditions in the past 5,000 years. That aside the tax records have it as Flood zone X in FMLS and thus that area is determined to be outside the 100- and 500-year floodplains. So basically you have a 1 in 100 year or 1 in 500 year chance of it flooding. Odds are good and if not there are always tractors to build moats around the property as well as the option of sand bag walls. Let me know if you have any other questions.