Is there a difference between zip code 02116 vs 02115 in terms of value in Back Bay Boston?

Asked by Bobby, Staten Island, NY Fri May 11, 2007

Answers

6
Greg Kiely, Agent, Newton, MA
Thu Aug 30, 2007
Bobby, Back Bay is Back Bay. You will find the highest "value" which I define as size per square foot from Hereford St to Kenmore Square. You will find the best "resale value" from Boston Common to Hereford and from the Charles down to Boylston. There are two huge differences there. In the second grouping you will be in the neighborhoods that are considered the "heart" of Back Bay. You will pay close to $1000 a square foot for a condo and even then might not get parking. However, that area of Back Bay will always have a buyer pool desperate to move in there. Outside of that section of Back Bay you will see prices closer to $750-900 a square foot, but those resale markets aren't AS secure as the others because those buyers can find significant value for their dollar in Brookine, Cambridge or the South End for a whole lot less.
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Sat May 12, 2007
Yes, 02115 is the western section of Back Bay (Kendal Sq / Fenway area) while 02116 is the eastern section (includes Newbury St and runs to the Public Garden), so generally speaking the 02116 area is more desirable and therefore more valuable. On the other hand 02115 may have more upside from an investment standpoint. In particular pay attention to the Fenway area which is undergoing rapid change as the Red Sox ownership group continues to pump money into local real estate.
Web Reference:  http://www.TerritoryRE.com
David Laven, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Nov 12, 2012
02116 is more desirable to most buyers looking to make the BB their home but 02115 will give you a better yield if you are looking for a investment property.
Sam02135, Home Buyer, Boston, MA
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Kenmore Square area isn't really a desirable area to live in. Invest? Sorry... the ones that would buy into that area are just graduated doctors that work around Longwood area. And sure enough they'll be moving out once they're making some real money. People that "invest" in the Fenway area will see how disturbing it can be when the Red Sox are playing, next will be Major League Soccer at Fenway as the owners just bought a major league team. Also, bars, bars and more bars around the corner and a major area for students for that area. The question is can you make money on the rental there? It's going to be hard.
Sean Waters -…, , Boston, MA
Fri Sep 28, 2007
Hello Bobby,
My office is located at 69 Newbury St. We are in the 2nd block, located in 02116. This zipcode covers the heart of the Back Bay, and all the way over into the South End, right at Calderwood Pavillion. (Many people find this surprising). The 02115 zipcode hovers at Mass Ave and across Mass Ave. The value in the 02116, in my humble opinion, is a better value, on many levels.

Stop by my office and I can show you maps and help who you understand the differences.
Sean Waters
617-669-7326
Anth James, , 02116
Mon May 14, 2007
I agree with Territory's answer. The "back bay" has like the South End has mixed zip codes that leak over into other "neighborhoods".
Web Reference:  http://anthjames.com