orion, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Is there a bank that will provide a house loan to a person that is in the middle of permanent residence application and currently has H1B status?

Asked by orion, Boston, MA Fri Oct 12, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Greer Swiston, Agent, Newton, MA
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Of course there are! Your visa status has less to do with the situation than your US credit history and proven income stream.

Even with H1B status, you have a tax ID and therefore an established credit history. Imagine that a lender just wants to know that you have money, you're reliable and that you have the potential of paying them back. To establish this, they just want to see that you have a track record of doing so otherwise they wouldn't take a risk on you.

Good luck! Another tactic to take would be to talk with an international bank with presence in your home country who may have a way of using your established credit history in your home country. Best of luck!
1 vote
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Best bet is to check in with some of the larger banks and mortgage brokers
1 vote
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Local lenders may have the best options.
I'd look for the most experienced local lender - local meaning a local bank rather than a national bank with a local branch.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Absolutely. Contact me to discuss.
Rshapiro at assetmortgage dot net
0 votes
Ann Sabbagh, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Pawtucket, RI
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Yes, we lend with this type of visa. As long as it is not expired. Call me for a complimentary pre-approval.
Web Reference:  http://www.annsabbagh.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more