Is the railroad tracks located in the residential area off of "Webster" in Royal Oak active? Thank you

Asked by LRoe, Utica, MI Sun Jan 5, 2014

Answers

4
Pat Teeley, Agent, Royal Oak, MI
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Yes, they are active train tracks and although they are very close there, you actually hear the trains in many parts of Royal Oak.
I live in the downtown area and we certainly hear them here. It is something that you do get used to and after awhile, don't even notice.
I currently have a home listed in that neighborhood and that homeowner agrees that they don't notice it anymore.
Let me know if you have any other questions specific to Royal Oak neighborhoods.
Nancy Robins…, Agent, Royal Oak, MI
Sat Feb 22, 2014
The trains, both passenger and freight pass through altogether about 5-6 times per day during the week. Less on weekends. They start at about 6 AM and finalizing about 10 PM.
, ,
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Leanne is correct. I once lived off the tracks in Royal Oak. After awhile, you hardly notice they ever come by. All part of the Royal Oak experience.
When house hunting - be prepared, be pre-approved!

Harry Polemitis
Mortgage 1, Inc.
248-506-0404
LeAnne Smits, Agent, Royal Oak, MI
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Good morning. Yes, there is an active train that runs through Royal Oak, Birmingham, Ferndale, etc. You can catch a train to Chicago! There are both passenger trains and trains that transport that come through. Feel free to call my cell 248.320.0811 with other questions about the area. I would be very happy to help figure out what area would work for you.
Hello there! Ditto on the tracks being an "active" commuter & freight route. However, as a little boy growing up with the 8 wheeled steam locomotives rolling past that same stop daily, the Grand Trunk Railroad used to run commuters to downtown Detroit and north past Pontiac on a daily schedule. Now those trains are diesel/electric and serviced by Amtrak. They run through various cities including Dearborn, Ann Arbor and Albion on it's way to Chicago, and back again. You will barely notice it after a few weeks. It becomes like background noise. As a lifelong resident of Royal Oak I live and work in the community I was born in. Feel free to call me anytime (248)761-0455 for much more info about Royal Oak and surrounding communities. It's a great place to live, work!!
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Thank you
Flag Sun Jan 5, 2014