Is the property tax listed at Trulia.com accurate or close to the actual tax?

Asked by Albert Ong, Brooklyn, NY Fri Jun 6, 2014

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jun 6, 2014
When it comes to taxes it's always a good idea to reverify with the local tax assessor's office and not simply rely on online information which may not be accurate. If purchasing in Nassau County you can visit mynassauproperty.com
Ben, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat May 28, 2016
I just got a quote from the Trulia calculator that estimated property tax at $338 per month on a 700 K house in Burbank. I just saw a lender who told me it would it would actually be around $729. Trulia is WAY off and it's pretty annoying. So no, not even close.
You're right. Online valuations are worthless.
Flag Sun May 29, 2016
Oleg Volfman, Agent, Rockville Centre, NY
Wed Jun 18, 2014
Hello Albert.

If you need further help in New Hyde Park, please contact me. I can help you find and buy a perfect house for you. The taxes can easily be found by calling the assessor's office in Hempstead Town Clerk's Office. Their link is http://www.toh.li/town-clerks-office.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Thank you for your valuable time!

Oleg Volfman, CBR, RSSP
Lic. RE Agent, Office Manager
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
http://www.quickdealrealty.com
Office 516-599-5559
Mobile 917-685-0489
ovolfman@gmail.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Jun 6, 2014
Albert,
It's as accurate as the source it comes from. Generally it may be close, but if there are senior exemptions or something has changed since the assessor was last out, it could change.
Trulia draws it's information from various sources, so i'ts only as good as the source it was drawn from. I'd suggest most is "close" but don't make any final decisions without verifying it from the county website or Title company.