Is the process to get approved for a loan hard? About how long does it take?

Asked by Brittany, Bangor, ME Wed Mar 27, 2013

My husband and I are newly weds right out of college. Would it be hard for us to get 100,000 loan? Any suggestions on how to prepare for this?

Answers

5
Ryan Rich’s answer
Ryan Rich, Agent, WINDHAM, ME
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Congrats to you and you husband! :) Shoot me a e-mail/text or give me a call..Ryanrich@Masiello.com or 2072109753 be happy to put you on the right path, loan approval or denial is generally not "hard" I would be happy to give you a few recommendations for some good mortgage brokers in the area.
Brendan Font…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Windham, ME
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Brittany -

I just answered another question of yours. I am here in Maine. Its impossible to answer your question without knowing more about you and your husband but I will tell you that our average Maine purchase loan closes in 23-25 days and I do many loans in Bangor. I can help you form a trusted team of reputable Maine professionals and based on your questions, I believe you need some trusted advisors in your corner. I am available 24/7 on 207-370-5363.
Diana Downs, Agent, Bangor, ME
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Getting pre-approved for a home mortgage isn't hard at all. It's also the best thing to do before you start house hunting. If you already have a lender that you like doing business with, give them a call. If you'd like some help finding the right lender for you, let me know, I'd love to help.
They will ask you some questions about your finances and check your credit score. Sometimes this can all be done right over the phone or on line.
I would also recomend that you work with an agent in findng your new home. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me.
Diana Downs, Realtor®
ERA Dawson Bradford
417 Main St., Bangor, ME 04401
C - 207-735-6988 F - 207-941-9866
dianadowns@eradawson.com
http://DianaDowns.com
http://facebook.com/Diana.Downs.Maine.Real.Estate
Ryan Rich, Agent, WINDHAM, ME
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Tony Grech, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southfield, MI
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Hi Brittany,
A 10 minute phone conversation followed by providing some income and asset documentation can provide me with enough information to pre-appove you and give you an idea of how much you;d qualify for and what a monthly payment would look like.

Lenders look at income, credit, and down payment as the 3 main factors in approving you.

Once you are pre-approved you can start looking, and once you have an offer accepted the mortgage should take 30-40 days to become fully approved.

Please feel free to give me a call or email me and I can walk you through the steps.

Tony

Tony Grech

Loan Officer -NMLS #966417

WCS Lending, LLC

Tony.Grech@WCSLending.com

Toll Free: 866.936.5363 ext. 278