Chewy Yeh, Both Buyer and Seller in Las Vegas, NV

Is the Las Vegas 'homes for sale' inventory really getting low?

Asked by Chewy Yeh, Las Vegas, NV Tue Jun 19, 2012

The housing activity seems to have gotten incredibly slow in the last two weeks, compared with early May & June. I sure would love to get my home sold so I can grab the one I want. I thought the inventory in Las Vegas was getting pretty low, which might bring more buyers however, it seems quite the opposite. Maybe its my price point...999,000.?

Answers

11
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
If your for sale home is in a $900,000 neighborhood, you might be waiting a long time. If it is priced below comps, you will have a much better chance of getting it sold. In other words, what are the comp prices.

David Cooper Investor and Buyrers Agent 702-499-7037
Renee Burrows, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I would be careful transacting a home sale and a concurrent purchase. Prices are going up (slightly) and with very little inventory it makes it nearly impossible to make it all come together at once.
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 20, 2012
I don't think $999,999 is a price point! You mean there is resistence at 1 Million vs $999,999,

What are the comps and how do you justify your asking price. There are serious buyers out there, but they know what is priced right. If you are out of line, you sit.

David Cooper Investor with Buyers Agent License at Since 1917 Realty 702-499-7037
Diane Varney, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Dear Chewy,

Price
Location
Terms
Condition

This is what sells a home, in this order! I am a luxury specialist, and this market is definitely moving strongly. I am not sure if you are listed, for sale by owner, or other important information is missing from your post. However, inventory IS low, homes ARE selling, and I invite you to consider the items above and see where you are needing the adjustment!

Call me if I can help! Diane 702.401.0307
Web Reference:  http://dianev.cbvegas.com
Carolyn Dahan, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Hi Chewy,
While inventory is at an all- time low and multiple offers seems to be the "norm", it is not happening the same way in the higher priced properties, such as yours. There are buyers who are looking for homes like yours and with the right pricing and marketing, they will sell. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss some of my ideas on the best way to market your home if you aren't presently working with a realtor.

Carolyn Dahan
Prudential Americana Group
Cdahan@cox.net
702-250-2739
http://www.HomesByDahan.com
Lorena Peter…, Agent, Henderson, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
The inventory is very low. But pricing your home correctly will get you successful results. I just sold a home in less than 24 hours.

I can help you!

Lorena Petersen
Realty One Group
LorenaP@RaltyOneLV.com
Damon Bottic…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Inventory is low across the board, however if a home has been on the market too long and/or is over priced, then showings will subside even in a hot market. Is your home listed with an agent? Did they offer any suggestions for getting your home sold faster (and for top dollar)?
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Chewy Yeh
We have demand but not a whole lot of inventory right now in the Las Vegas market. The higher end homes are a whole different market. I am available to helpin anyway I can.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
SuzieM@RealyOneLV.com
Maryellen Ma…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Hi Chewy,

The market needs to be looked at in segments. The lower end of the market (under $150K) has very little inventory. Listings are getting multiple offers and are being bid up. The upper end of the market is still a little sluggish, but anything that is priced right and marketed correctly will sell. Remember, compared to California, $999,000 is not alot of money! I would love a chance to discuss this with you and show you what we do to sell homes if, of course, you are not already listed with another broker! Just call me at 702 497-8029. Thanks, Maryellen
Hank Lauzon, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Hi,....

You are absolutely correct about the inventory-buyer ratio..

In October 2011 Assembly Bill 284 was passed whiched slowed foreclosure proceedings.

Homes under 200k are going into multiple offer scenarios and moving fast.

The higher priced homes, such as yours do not seem to be affected as much.

I would be happy to provide you with more information on the market place and what can be done to get your home sold.

My contact info is below....

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web : http://www.HanksLVRealestate.com

Email HankLVRealestate@aol.com

Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Activity is swarming. But, yes, at $1million that is not going to be a hot price point. Contact me if you don't have a luxury home listing agent already and we can talk about the best strategy to get your home sold.

John