june, Home Owner in Phoenix, AZ

Is that a treatment plant near N Pyramid Peak Parkway and 64th La?

Asked by june, Phoenix, AZ Tue Dec 11, 2012

Answers

6
Tim, Home Owner, Phoenix, AZ
Sat May 25, 2013
The first point that needs to be emphasized in that the plant is a water purification plant. It is not a waste water treatment facility. That is, it is used to purify the water from the canal as opposed to treating sewage. Consequently, I have never noticed any strange smells or sounds from the plant that would reduce my family's standard of living or have raised concerns about property values &/or environmental safety.

The second point that I will make is based on my experience having lived adjacent to the plant for just under 10 years. I have never had a better neighbor. Those water storage tanks never make a sound and this is the quietest neighborhood I have lived in while in Arizona.

For those of you who might question what I am saying, I agree with Craig, ask the people who live adjacent to the plant and hear what they have to say.
Craig Frooni…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Like Jason, my home backs up to the facility and I have to say, it's not noticeable, it's quiet, I don't notice any discharge from the facility that I would be concerned about for my family and property values are responding as expected in this market, so honestly I wouldn't consider it a distraction in a home purchase or sale for the area. In the end, don't take our word for it, stop by and ask any neighbors of the home you are considering what they think, they will provide you with an honest opinion.
Sonny Shriva…, Agent, Surprise, AZ
Wed Dec 12, 2012
I recommend against buying a house anywhere near an industrial facility from a health and resale standpoint. Don't do it.
I know that waste water treatment plants may have issues with emissions, but not aware of any issue with water purification plants. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The plus side to living close by is this is the only place where I have lived in the Phoenix area where I can drink the tap water and it tastes good with no side affects from drinking the water. Any other place I have tried the water, it does not agree with me.

Underground water tanks also make a quiet neighbor.
Flag Wed Dec 12, 2012
Jason Webb, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Dec 12, 2012
You probably won't be able to find any information or links in the Buyer Advisory that would provide any details on this facility.

Did some research when we were buying our home and could not find much online. The treatment plant is the Pyramid Peak Water Treatment Plant owned by the City of Glendale. I could not find a lot of information about this water treatment plant. It is located next to the canal which provides the renewable water source. The plant provides water for residents of Glendale, Peoria and Phoenix.

You can try contacting Glendale Water Quality Laboratory at 623-930-3885 for more information.
Debbie Nieman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue Dec 11, 2012
That's what it looks like. For complete information I would refer you to the buyer advisory giving you live links for venues to assist in what is around various area's including crime statistics, sex offenders, nearby schools, parks etc...

If you would like me to send you the Buyer Advisory please contact me directly.

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

diverdebi@cox.net
Jason Webb, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Yes, it is a Glendale treatment plant. My home backs their property.
Do you have any problems with mosquitos?
Flag Sat Jul 9, 2016