Is it true, if you have a ESA dog, the condo assoc can not refuse you a condo? In Fort lauderdale, fl...........

Asked by hitootles, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sun May 19, 2013

Answers

3
hitootles, Home Buyer, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Thank you all for your information. Two answers contain....MAY....that concerned me.
I have my doctors prescription and information from the state.
Is there a case where, perhaps, they could turn down the prescription. It was written by the number one lawyer for pets (from Orlando) and then my doctor filled in the penitent info that pertained to my health history.
The best thing to do is find a place you like, your Realtor should be able to find it out for you, from either the listing agent or directly from the Management Company/The Condo Association. if they ok with the pet., I got a response in a day or so, after that you can make your offer. Some condos accept pets anyway(usually small ones)
Flag Mon May 20, 2013
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Mon May 20, 2013
If you can provide a medical documentation that the dog serves as Emotional Support to the owner, this may become an exception to the pet restriction policy of the condo association rules and regulations.
Andrew Muller, Agent, Weston, FL
Sun May 19, 2013
You have to show the order of the doctor, or the professional in writing , that the condition of the person has the dog, is for medical or physiological reasons. I dealt with a case recently myself, where the condo did not allow pets, but the new owner had one for special reasons, and it was approved.