Is it true ,if I bye a house in US ,no more possible to lose my en card?

Asked by Mama2diamond, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 29, 2013

Is it true,to prevent my green card cancellation,I may by a house?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Mon Apr 29, 2013
The purchase of a home will not prevent you from loosing your green card. Also in reference to other answers to your question you should contact an immigration attorney, or just research goverment codes, if you can, - it is a public information.
0 votes
Antoine Pirs…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Apr 29, 2013
And to add to what Thierry said, I believe you have to hire at least 5 people. YOu can also invest in a "regional center" for at least 500,000. That regional center may have investments in commercial real estate. Follow the link:…

0 votes
, ,
Mon Apr 29, 2013 might be referring to the EB-5 GREEN CARD INVESTORS

Under certain conditions, foreign investors can acquire a green card to gain permanent residence for themselves and their family into the United States by buying or investing in certain U.S. businesses. These EB-5 visas are specifically for owners and investors in businesses that will provide jobs for Americans. The EB-5 is a visa that may be granted for certain substantial investments in U.S. that create or protect American jobs. Only 10,000 VISAs are granted annually and the entire process takes more than 2 years. An investment must meet several criteria in order to qualify the investor for permanent residence. These criteria include but are not limited to:
Showing that "substantial" investment or funds are available and committed to the investment;
The investment must be in an active business as opposed to passive investment such as purchasing a home
The investment must create or protect jobs for U.S. persons.
The minimum amount of investment necessary to obtain an EB-5 visa depends upon the type of business involved, and the number of jobs created,as well as the form and/or the location of the investment. Generally, the investment must be $1,000,000. But in some instances can be as little as $500,000.

I know some one that does this program in California

Feel free to call me
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more