Is it safe living along the Turquoise Trial between Cerillos and Santa Fe? I've read that you better have a gun and know how to use it:/

Asked by bridget.artist, Santa Fe, NM Sat Dec 8, 2012

Answers

13
Anthony Atw…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Mon Dec 10, 2012
To improve your security in Santa Fe County, I suggest you get to know your neighbors and agree to keep an eye on the neighborhood. Also, make sure your address is clearly visible from the road. Send annual donations to your local volunteer firefighters & sheriff departments. Also, dogs are good, so are electric gates.
Great idea! Thanks for taking time to answer:) Happy Holidays!
Flag Mon Dec 10, 2012
Mtaylor, Home Buyer, Edgewood, NM
Thu Jan 3, 2013
This armpit of a state if full of any type of crime you can think of. Convicted murderer? 8 years, out in 2. Others no better. Be prepared EVERYWHERE. Better safe than sorry - when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away...
Patricia McK…, Home Buyer, Santa Fe, NM
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Not true. I have lived out off highway 14 for 12 years and love it. It is a tight community with many interesting people and we are connected by The breakfast club, an open house once a month, with a constant E-mail updates on the happenings in the area. It is not only safer than Santa Fe and Albuquerque, but more of a caring community. PS. I came from Manhattan.
Tom Fitzgera…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Tue Dec 25, 2012
I've lived in Eldrado for 30 years and it has always has an active market, which has really increased over the last several months. The new school, increased farmers market and shopping has added vibranssy to the community, We are at the lowest absorbtion rate of the last 5 years at 21/2 months. Biggest problems we will encounter next spring will be lack of invertory
Tom Fitzgera…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Tue Dec 25, 2012
There are a numbrs of people who own guns out of town but I have heard of no recent shootout, Seems like a producf on an onve active imaganation, I would expect to find some fine and helpful neighbors. It's not the lod west.
Suzanne Bran…, Agent, Cerrillos, NM
Sat Dec 8, 2012
That's a pretty silly question. I've lived here 12+ years and have never felt safer anywhere.
Sorry you feel my question is "silly". I live in Colorado, and we hear of a lot of crime in Santa Fe. The area in question is fairly isolated, so that's why I asked. I hope your future clients aren't so "silly" and ask much more pertinent questions.
Flag Sat Dec 8, 2012
pertinent1, Both Buyer And Seller, Santa Fe, NM
Thu Mar 7, 2013
My cousin had a vehicle breakdown on his way to visit a friend of his dad Hwy 14.

Very nice and friendly gents stopped to help get him back into town.

Upon my cousin's return with tow.....found his vehicle stripped, of everything! Which included guns and ammunition belonging to his dad.

Yes, it's a very safe local as long as you don't travel alone, carry a cell phone, dive a reliable vehicle and travel during the day only.

Yes, I'm sure there are some very nice people who live in that area, I don't know any and
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Wed Dec 19, 2012
Hi, You can visit http://www.SpotCrime.com and http://www.CrimeReports.com for crime stats per street.

Chris
Emily Medvec, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Wed Dec 19, 2012
Dear Bridget.artist -

I relocated here after living on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC for 25 years because I wanted to feel the way I felt here all the time not just when visiting. I've lived here for nearly 20 years and I feel safe in my community as a licensed real estate broker and Realtor. I could not show property in my community or live in Santa Fe County, NM if I did not feel safe here.

If you have questions about specific locations, I recommend you go to our local newspaper web site - http://www.santafenewmexican.com and search in the police notes and/or contact the Santa Fe County Sheriff Office.

If you need more information about a specific property, give me a call.

Happy Holidays,

Emily Medvec, CNE, CRS, RSPS
Broker, Santa Fe Properties
505-660-4541 best anytime cell
Web Reference:  http://www.emilymedvec.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 10, 2012
When it comes to any crime/safety issues it's always best to check with the local police/sheriff's department; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Steve Rizika, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Sat Dec 8, 2012
Hello Bridget:

That is a pretty tough answer to give. Personal safety is a perception that is hard to measure. It can be up to the individual. However, you can try to quantify your worries by contacting the county sheriff and asking about crime statistics. Otherwise I think its a matter of personal perception. Best of luck to you!

http://www.santafecountynm.gov/sheriff
Spence Ralst…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Sat Dec 8, 2012
Huh? I know several folks who live off the Turquoise Trail and have never heard of any safety issues. There are pros and cons of living in that area, but I'm not aware that crime is one of them.
The best, unbiased source for crime reports is the Santa Fe County Sherriff's department. You can get crime statistics by neighborhood and area of the city, so check that out.
Thanks Spencer! If you wouldn't mind, what ARE the pros and cons of the Turquoise Trail (14) between Cerrillos and Santa Fe? Thanks for your help. Any areas to definitely stay away from?
Flag Sat Dec 8, 2012
Andrew Fox, Agent, Clarksville, TN
Sat Dec 8, 2012
I am located in Clarksville, TN but would love the opportunity to connect you with a great local agent in Santa Fe. I work for Coldwell Banker and we pride ourselves in relocatuion services. Give me a call, text, or email and I will help you find an amazing local realtor.
Andrew Fox
Coldwell Banker Conroy, Marable, and Holleman
111 S Riverside Dr. Clarksville, TN 37040
Cell 931-302-2241
Office 931-552-1700
afoxrealty@gmail.com