Is it possible to buy at Green Tree owned foreclosure before it goes on market?

Asked by mobylynne, Prescott, AZ Sat Jun 21, 2014

Found home foreclosed, now owned by Green Tree Servicing. States "may list in future", but not currently listed. Can I offer them the amount they paid for home? They have owned it for over a month.

Answers

5
Matt White, Agent, prescott, AZ
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Hello, would you mind providing the address of the home? I'll call my buddies down at title and see what's going on with the property.

Hello, I just need some more information. If the lender says they are not listing the property, then it could be for several reasons. You're chasing your tail only if you're betting the property will go to the market within a certain time-frame and for an amount outside your budget.
If you have time to wait, then just keep an eye on it. If you provide me with the address, I'd be happy to look into it a little more. Feel free to email me privately at matt@prescottrocks.com

With years of title and escrow under my belt, my guess is there's something going on with the title.
Flag Thu Jul 10, 2014
Hi Matt. I am currently working with a realtor and he told me yesterday that it could take a month or a year before home is even listed. I have been out to see house and there was a landscaper there, but he says the inside has all been cleaned and there are no plans for repair. I even called Greentree who states they are not listing property at this time? Am I just chasing my own tail?
Flag Thu Jul 10, 2014
Matt White, Agent, prescott, AZ
Sun Jun 22, 2014
Hello, thanks for your question.

It's likely that Green Tree is purchasing to fix-and-flip this property. Although putting in an offer is something anyone can do, I'm guessing they're refurbishing the home. Procuring it at the same $$ amount will be unlikely, although not impossible.

If you need agent representation, give me a call and we can keep an eye out for similar deals. I have access to pre-market data and many times there are properties that never hit the MLS at all.

For up-to-date foreclosures in Prescott, AZ click the link:
http://search.prescottarizonahouses.com/i/18988/Prescott_Are…

Thanks for your time, and have a great week!
928-224-8531
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Mon Jan 25, 2016
I hope by now you have found the Prescott Home of your dreams.
I thought I would post a link to bank owned properties to help others out if they are looking for bank owned or other REO properties.
Hope it helps see link bellow.
Web Reference:  http://goo.gl/3vAmDH
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Jun 22, 2014
The sale of a foreclosed property is a very strictly organized procedure. Banks will not deal with individuals directly, they seek the assistance of a professional real estate agent to market the property.
Jeremy Breed…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Sat Jun 21, 2014
Typically no because it is going to be a transaction that needs to be agreed to by all parties besides yourself which is pretty difficult to do without the property being on the market. They need to have a broker's price opinion done on the property before they'll decide to list as well