Is it possible for my mother & sister to buy a home together, for living purposes...they want to stay in the 19141 or surrounding areas.

Asked by Quanetta Milburn, Northeast Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Tue Sep 4, 2012

My mother is recieving SSI as her only income, while my sister does work a full time job as a daycare worker making about $10/hr. What would be a good first step in getting them started towards this, if it is possible to do? They are tired of renting...only to keep getting stuck in bad situations with slumlords, etc. and constantly having to move. Any advice on them buying would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

2
Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Do they have savings? They need to have at least 10% to 20% of the purchase price to put down. Then go to their bank, and other mortgage companies to see what they can qualify for. This way they know where they stand price wise, check taxes in the areas they like and price wise, decided what they want in a home, find an agent and get started...

Hope this helps... I wish them the best!
Kim
Nick Sylvest…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
It's Nick please call me back at 267-228-3910 with a direct number