Is it possible for a person who is on Social Security Disability (fixed income) which would be considered, "low income" to purchase a home?

Asked by Linda Mulholland, Nekoosa, WI Mon Dec 20, 2010

Besides, trying to save money to do so... do you know if there is "assistance" ? or programs for a single women in her 50's to be able to afford a home? Being disabled, unfortunately means I would need a "ready to move-in" home and not a "fix-r-upper" and of course due to my income being limited paying for a lot of repairs isn't possible. I would love to have the security of knowing where I live is "my home". To have a home again is a dream I've had for years & since finding this site I have wondered if I could "somehow" make that dream a reality... or maybe it should remain a dream before I have a rude awakening. Thank you for any and all information, I promise it will be put to good use.

Answers

2
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Dec 20, 2010
YOU GO GIRL.. never give up on a dream !

Best confer with mortgage broker who would review your loan application determine if you can OR can't qualify. A virtual opinion by a website may not be your best interest.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 20, 2010
If you qualify for a mortgage, you can buy--therefore consider visiting with any qualified loan officer--after reviewing your overall financials and credit, he/she can make a determination on qualification, the type of loan, how much, etc., if you don't yet qualify, your loan officer may offer great suggestions as to doing so in the fastest time--then go from there.