Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

noryne, Home Owner in Missouri City, TX

Is it ok to use a Quit Claim Deed to transfer ownership of our timeshare in Texas? Do the grantees sign the deed and have notorzied as the grantors?

Asked by noryne, Missouri City, TX Wed Jan 15, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


The best advice is NEVER buy time shares anywhere. It is a scam and the so-called timeshare you buy is sold over and over again to other people. It is very difficult to sell your timeshare now and renting isn't in the deal. It will cost you more to buy a timeshare and maintenance fee than to rent a hotel room or a full ownership of a condo. Don't do it
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 30, 2014
Pick any title company you like and have them do the transfer for a fee.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 18, 2014
Like others said below ask an attorney or title company.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240


Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 16, 2014
Hi Norine,
This is a question for an attorney who is a title specialist.
Call reputable title companies in your immediate area for advice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
I think most attorneys and title companies do not like quit Claims.....probably should close at a title company to make sure you are off the hook the right way.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Recommend to contact title company who is the expert for all your questions

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer