Is it normal for a mortgage broker to stop calling you abck after you sent him all of your personal information?

Asked by Mommyof2, Glenolden, PA Wed May 9, 2012

I should mention that I have a complicated situation and need a lendor that is more aggressive with debt to income ratios, Did that maybe turn him off? I sent this guy my pay stubs, w2's, and he even told me that he was working on some options. It seems really odd that he will not call me back. I am nervous that if I shop around and have my credit score checked multiple times that it will have a negative affect on my score and I have worked hard to increase it over the past six months. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Answers

2
Benny Smith, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Thu May 10, 2012
I recommend contacting the office manager of where the broker works, and getting with another lender. He may no longer work there as one reason he is not calling you back. Also you are going to need to go somewhere else. Do it soon similar pulls of your score within a 30 day period is not supposed to effect your score anymore than one pull. This is designed to allow you to compare rates. Best of luck,
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Mom :-)

1. I don't want to say it's normal or not as I don't know this person, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions that your personal information is not safe. I would reach out to him and tell him you are going with somebody else and ask him to shred your personal info.

2. I or anybody in here can recommend other mortgage professionals. Email me privately and I will provide a couple of mine. If they can't help you, they should be able to recommend you to a colleague of theirs that can maybe handle higher debt-to-income (DTI) ratios. If none of them can help you, then maybe it's best to rent for an additional 6 months while you continue to build up your credit.

3. With regards to shopping around for a mortgage, you can have your credit pulled by multiple mortgage companies within a 3 month period with only a minimal decrease of your credit score. The reason for this is that the federal government wants to encourage you to shop around. The credit bureaus are aware of this. I believe it's only a few points, not much at all.

I hope this helps and I HOPE YOU HAVE A REALTOR as it's no cost to you -- the Seller pays!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com