Having worked for over 10 years in the home building industry with one of the areas largest builders as a Senior Sales Consultant, I know the inâ€™s and outs of the new home business. After leaving the building industry and becoming a Realtor I feel I bring the inside knowledge that a buyer needs to help with the building process. Here are some reasons why using a realtor in you transaction is a good idea.
1. A Realtor works on your behalf. While the sales person is helping you, the work for the builder and they have their best interest in mind. A Realtor is your advocate and owes you fiduciary duty, a sales person does not.
2. You will not get a better deal if you don't use a Realtor. Most builders have Realtor commission in a totally separate budget, and if you ask, the truthful ones will tell you that.
3. A Realtor will act as a liaison in negotiating with the builder. We are the professionals , we do this every day.
4. This is a huge investment that will effect your family for years to come. You want the knowledge about the area, the market,comparables,schools, taxes,etc that we can provide.
5.Because we are active in the market we know about the builders reputation, and if they have changed there name and why.
6. Yes options or "upgrades" will cost money and yes builders mark them up, they are in the business to make money, but an educated Realtor knows what ones are easiest to negotiate, and get done.
7.Your Realtor is always available. You can call us with questions, and receive a call back the same day. Most of us work 7 days a week while a Sales Person and Lender work normal 9 to 5 business hours
8.We will be at your closing to make sure that your paper work is what was agreed upon and that the transaction goes smoothly.
9. If you are moving from another state a Realtor will handle this side of your transaction while you are getting ready to move to your new town. We will attend builder meetings, home walks and inspections. We will make sure your home is finished ,ready, and in tip top condition for moving day.
10. We are here after closing. Our business is built on relationships. We do what we do because we love our job, and know that our job goes on long after you have moved in. We are available for and are eager to help with advice and assistance long after closing. You have developed a long lasting relationship with a professional.
I am happy to assist you with any of your real estate needs. I am very knowledgeable in the building and the real estate business, and look forward to helping you build your dream.
Texas Sold Team Realty