Is it easier to get a loan on mobile home and land that you already own than it is to purchase a home?

Asked by Wendy, Dalton, GA Sun Jul 3, 2011

Answers

4
Michael Will…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Sun Jul 3, 2011
Hey Wendy, it really depends on your credit and the details of your situation. "Easier" might not necessarily be the best decision to make. In most cases, the smartest financial decision would be to purchase a home, especially with rates being so low right now. Give me a call or send me an email, I'd be happy to discuss your situation and get you in touch with a reputable lender who can help you through the process! - Michael Williams, Kinard Realty, 706-271-6549, williams@kinardrealty.com
Octavio Perez…, Agent, Dalton, GA
Sun Jul 3, 2011
It is easier to obtain a loan inthe purchasing of a house.
For more details, please e-mail me at: op2115@yahoo.com.
if you prefer to call my cell: 706-218-7913.
Octavio Perez, GRI, CRS.
, ,
Sun Jul 3, 2011
Most mortgage companies exited the manufactured housing financing segement back in 2008. Since then, financing for manufactured homes has been even more difficult to obtain. As Clark mentioned, it becomes even more difficult if the home is not on a permanent foundation.

Qualifying for a mortgage for a single family home would be much easier. In your area, USDA for 100% financing might be an option for you.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Conventional | FHA | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® |
HomePath® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream
Web Reference:  http://www.rodneymason.com
Clark Riel, Agent, Reno, NV
Sun Jul 3, 2011
No financing is easy anymore. Remember a mobile home is personal property if it is not on a permanent foundation. Personal loans are different and like a car loan you will not be able to mortgage a mobile home. Getting a loan on raw land has never been easy, but since you own it outright you may have some luck at a local bank or find someone that specializes in mobile homes. Find a reputable lender and get all the facts including costs upfront. If you can, shop around to find the best rates.