Bisherwoo, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Is it better to fix up a house to sell or sell as is?

Asked by Bisherwoo, Dallas, TX Fri Nov 9, 2012

Answers

14
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Is the house is well priced it can sell really fast the way it is right now. Some buyers prefer if you give them a credit for repairs, so they can do it later.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomesepcialist.com
Philip Cabral, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Dec 4, 2012
My experience has been that fixing up a house over selling as is will generally be more profitable for the seller.

Keep in mind, however, that it also depends on what it is you fix or update. Some fixes will garnish more return for your dollar. Generally, remodeling an outdated kitchen is number one on the list. Putting in a pool if one wasn't already there would be last.

Charles Fans…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Is the cost of repair less than the after rehab value of the property? That is the question you have to answer to know which is going to be a more cost effective exit strategy. If this property is in Dallas or surrounding areas contact me and we can walk through a "If > then" scenario and give you clarity on this.... charlesfansler@ebby.com
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Hi Bisherwoo,

That will depends on what kind of repair. Most time move in ready homes are easier to sell. But at the min, I would recommend you to at least to have the house financable. There are guideline from lender on certain items for them to loan the money to a buyer. ANd you MUST at least to have those items taken care of! You will want the home to financable so the buyers can obtain a home loan.

You can email me at dixondfw@gmail.com for more information

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Chuni Lu, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Both will work. It really depends on your goals, specific conditions of the house, and the market of your area. It has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Good luck!
Tinadaniels, Renter,
Fri Nov 9, 2012
I am selling a home (in Charlotte, NC), and we spent a lot to put it on the market. STILL we are getting negative feedback on the things we didn't do...a bit frustrating...I'm sure we'll put more money into the house, then have to lower the price just to sell..there's a lot of competition in our market. However, I am buying in Dallas and I want a house where I can get it for a good price and do all of the upgrades myself. Some people want turn key, but I want a great neighborhood with good bones...I'll do the rest. Get a great real estate agent. We decided to hire one late in the process...she would have saved us a lot of time and money if we would have started out with her. (we were FSBO before). Good Luck!
Stuart McWil…, Agent, Lakeway, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
That always going to be determined on a case by case basis. Each home and situation will be unique. Some times it will be worth putting a little money in the home other times it won't. I'd be happy to evaluate your situation and give my recommendations.

Stuart
John Safstrom, Other Pro, Allen, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
It depends on what issues you are talking about fixing, the age of the home, and where it is located. To get an idea of what kind of repairs the home needs, a home inspection will give you exactly what you need to know.

John
Systematic Home Inspections
214-600-4344
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
It depends.....

I sure would like to look at the house and we can help you decide.

You can see a list of homes and prices for sale in your area at this link to give you an idea:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23610/
Roxanne DeBe…, Agent, Plano, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Let me ask you a question? If you we're home hunting and you came upon a home that you might be interested in. If the home was updated or should I say "fixed up" would that make you desire the home more and possibly cause you to offer more on this home over one that was not? When selling a home you have to put yourself in the buyers shoes. You are competing with other homes on the market that buyers can choose from. The better a home is prepared the potential for more competing offers and hopefully a higher selling price. I hope this information helps. If you need any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for allowing the real estate community to assist you,

Roxanne
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Fri Nov 9, 2012
As mentioned below it really depends upon your goal regarding the property. We found that a clutter free home in average condition will sell about as quickly, and at about the same price, as a turn-key property. However, if the property needs a lot of work, you can typically expect less money. Visit with a local Realtor to compare your place with others on the market.

Beau Beasley, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
If your house is in poor condition, you're going to take a big hit. If it's just not updated, your also going to take a big hit, approximately the amount needed for the upgrades plus a pain-in-the-ass dollar amount factor of probably 25% for a buyer having to do the upgrades. Are you selling? I can send you comps.

Just let me know.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker
214 966-2100
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
It is all up to you. Some Buyers like fixer uppers and other Buyers do not.

It is a 50/50.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty
Joseph Pytch…, , Plano, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Depends on your goals. Are you wanting to get out of it pretty quick or actually make some money? Also, it depends on if the fixes will actually cause an increase in value to your property.