Is it better to buy a townhouse or a single family home in Mars, PA in terms of resale?

Asked by New_in_mars_pa, Mon Jun 11, 2007

Answers

6
Mike Netzel, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Great question...
what determines better?
Cost of ownership?
Ease and lifestyle?
Cost or convenience?
Not avoiding the question, seeking the most important definition of "better"
Yours!
PS: With our rates of appreciation, not certain the "ivnvestment" criteria applies.
Your Neighborhood Professional,
Mike Netzel
Nancy Kaclik, , Mars, PA
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Both townhomes and single family homes resale very well in Mars. Mars is a growing area with quick access to schools, shopping and all major highways. Your life style and budget would be a major factor as to which to purchase. Townhouses usually have a monthly maintenance fee in addition to your mortgage payment. This fee takes care of lawn cutting, mulch, snow removal etc. Some townhomes are in a community with ammentities, for instance pools, tennis courts, basketball courts. Although single family homes can have a homeowners association dues they are not as high as those of a townhouse. SIngle Family homes are responsible for there own lawn mowing, mulch, snow removal etc. With the growth of businesses in the community you cannot go wrong either way. I have been selling homes in the Mars area for many years. I would be happy to assist you with your home search. Please contact me with any further questions you may have.
Nancy Kaclik, , Mars, PA
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Both townhomes and single family homes resale very well in Mars. Mars is a growing area with quick access to schools, shopping and all major highways. Your life style and budget would be a major factor as to which to purchase. Townhouses usually have a monthly maintenance fee in addition to your mortgage payment. This fee takes care of lawn cutting, mulch, snow removal etc. Some townhomes are in a community with ammentities, for instance pools, tennis courts, basketball courts. Although single family homes can have a homeowners association dues there are not as high as those of a townhouse. SIngle Family homes are responsible for there own lawn mowing, mulch, snow removal etc. With the growth of businesses in the community you cannot go wrong either way. I have been selling homes in the Mars area for many years. I would be happy to assist you with your home search. Please contact me with any further questions you may have.
Georgie Smig…, Agent, Cranberry Twp, PA
Tue Jun 22, 2010
There are many factors that determine whether is better to buy a townhome or a single family home in Mars.Things to consider are your price range,how long you plan to stay in the home and if you will use the ammenities the community offers but charges for.Townhomes in Mars do resale well especially with the new Westinghouse Facility nearby. If you need more information please contact me and I can go into further detail. Its hard for me to give the best advice without knowing your budget.
Horlow , , 19440
Wed Jun 13, 2007
single home have more of a preference, i can search Mars up for more info if you would like.
Florida Mort…, , Pembroke Pines, FL
Mon Jun 11, 2007
Regardless of where you are buying, single family homes are easier to resell as they are more attractive to buyers.

Beyond that, it depends on what you really want. For example, townhomes have much less yard to maintain than single family homes. That could be either a good point or a bad point, depending on you. Other factors play into it as well, including affordability.