Is it better to buy a small, buy a 1350 sq ft home in pismo heights that would really be a financial stretch for me OR buy a 1950 sq ft home in?

Asked by Heartinholland, San Luis Obispo County, CA Tue Dec 29, 2009

grover beach that is 140k less in asking price and would be much easier on my budget. Is there better resale (if i ever sold) in one are over the other? is one area safer than the other?

Answers

4
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Dec 29, 2009
Dear Heart,
The rule of thumb is to buy in the very best area you can afford. Good areas always appreciate faster, and hold their value as well.
Julie Boyd, , San Juan Capistrano, CA
Tue Dec 29, 2009
Heartinholland
Heartinholla...
Both Buyer and Seller
San Luis Obispo County...

Nancy Sayer, , San Luis Obispo County, CA
Tue Dec 29, 2009
In my 14 years of being a Real Estate agent I have seen the Pismo Heights area appreciate much quicker than Grover Beach. You know what they say about Location, location LOCATION! Yes, I agree with Ken and call the local police department and compare the two area in reference to crime. I have found that less is more (in connection with square footage is concerned) if safety and peace of mind are of a concern. Who can put a price tag on that? I have told my clients to attend the local farmers market and check out the local fast food places and that will give you a good idea of who your neighbors will be. Also, sit in your car in a neighborhood that you may be interested in at midnight and see what is going on. Do you feel safe, are there alot of parties, is there alot of traffic coming and going? All things to think about. Feel free to call me for more information. I have lived in SLO County for over 32 years!
Nancy Sayer
Coldwell Banker Premier
805-801-3169
DRE Lic#10099384
http://www.nancysayer.com
nancy@nancysayer.com
Web Reference:  http://www.NancySayer.com
Ken Taylor, Agent, Arroyo Grande, CA
Tue Dec 29, 2009
Don't stretch yourself to thin and become a slave to your mortgage payment. Some parts of Grover Beach are better than others. If safety is a concern, a call to the Grover Beach police department can tell you if there are any areas to avoid. Resale is going to be about the same for both Pismo Beach and Grover Beach.

Ken Taylor
805-748-0021
Century 21 Hometown
KenTaylorHomes@gmail.com