Home Buying in Woodside>Question Details

Elena, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Is it a good decision of buying a condominium in a new constructed bldg. in Woodside, Queens. I would appreciate any advise. Thank you.

Asked by Elena, Queens, NY Fri Jul 16, 2010

Answers

3
If you know you will be happy living there, then it's a good decision. Check out how many other units are sold, under contract, etc., also check out the HOA.
Elena: First of all, congratulations on moving towards home ownership. It is a great thing! With respect to purchasing a new condo, you should probably have representation by a qualified buyer's representative to assist you in determining whether the price the builder is asking for is appropriate and whether it is a reputable builder. You also need to take into consideration what your short and long term goals are with respect to your purchase. Anything else I could assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
New construction in the Boulder, Colorado marketplace can be a wonderful investment. Should you elect to buy a newly built home, here are a few thoughts to keep in mind. Is the builder actively building out the community? That is, are there multiple buildings? Are new foundations being poured? I might be cautious if the builder is building and then selling one building at a time. On the other hand, if the project is moving along, this could be a good time to get new construction. We are seeing builders adding lots of features and enhancements to attract buyers. Once you select a new construction property, be sure to have a professional inspection. Just because the condo is newly built, doesn't mean it was built without flaws. I have seen builders install spa baths, but tile over the cut off switch; install light switches but drywall over the outlet where the bulb should go. In my own new home, a builder carpeted over the heat duct. Getting an inspection could save you a great deal of time and effort. Good luck - Bob