Is it a bad idea to talk to the sellers if you happen to see them on outside of their home. We already have an offer on the home and its a Short Sale

Asked by Msbuckeye2u, Dayton, OH Mon Jul 22, 2013

....would it be inappropriate and would both our realtors be against us speaking?

Answers

5
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Tue Jul 23, 2013
No, there is nothing that says buyers and sellers cannot talk. Is it "inappropriate?" Just depends on who you ask. I wouldn't stalk them but if you see them there is nothing that prohibits buyers and sellers from talking. However, I would not divulge any personal information to them.
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Mon Jul 22, 2013
The sellers of the property hired a REALTOR to represent them so they talk to buyers on their behalf. You, as a buyer, have done the exact same thing. Let them do their job, it's what they get paid for. ;)
inezwilliam…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Since you have already stated that you have a realtor and an offer on the table, it would be most appropriate for you to communicate to the sellers via their realtor, by way of your realtor.

Inez Williams, Realtor
Keller Williams Greater Columbus Realty
Phone: 614.580.6681
inezwilliams1@aol.com
Melissa Goss, , Center Moriches, NY
Tue Jul 23, 2013
I personally do not see why not.
Ginson Speich, Agent, New Albany, OH
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Normally I say yes, bad idea. And still I would say yes. However, not AS bad due to short sale situation. I agree with Steve's comment.