Is it OK to Change Realtors as a buyer and there has been no contract signed between us. This realtor showed me a couple of mobile homes

Asked by Citrus Heights Buymymobile, 95621 Mon May 28, 2012

Is it OK that I switched realtors, I just want to make sure I am under no obligation to him.

He did not show me any homes I am interested in purchasing?

Answers

6
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
It's do-able if
1. You did not sign a buyer/broker agreement
2. You are not writing an offer or buying a property that the realtor showed you (otherwise, there is an issue of procuring cause)

And....make sure you give notice that you've decided to move in another direction. it's the courteous thing to do.
thanks for this helpful info.
Flag Tue Feb 24, 2015
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
As long as you're not signing on with another agent and end up purchasing a home that the other agent showed you first. You could find yourself in a little hot water if you did that even though you don't have a contact. I've actually seen a homebuyer get sued and lose for far less than that. There's something about an implied agreement.
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue May 29, 2012
The info you have below is right. If you have no signed agreement and you aren't going to put in any offers on places he showed you then you should be good. If you are unhappy with his services you should let him know why you are making the change. You should also know that finding properties these days is not the skill - that comes in once you find a target property
Suzanne Look…, Agent, Lafayette, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
Hi Michael,

If you have not signed a buyer/broker agreement and the realtor has not commited time to your search, then it seems that changing should be fine. I am curious why you want to change. As a professional, I try to learn from others mistakes, so sharing this information is very helpful.

Please let us know if you would like to interview other realtors and we are all very experienced and able to do a great job for our clients.

Suzanne Looker
Web Reference:  http://www.suzannelooker.com
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
If you did not sign a contract, you are under no obligation to the Reatlor.
Bryce Schuma…, Agent, Lafayette, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
Hi Michael,
It is absolutely ok to do that as long as you did not sign a buyer-broker agreement with the previous agent. If not you are free to work with a different agent that you are more comfortable with.

Bryce Schumacher
J. Rockcliff Realtors