Is getting a single family home for $180,000 in Los Angeles possible?

Asked by Rajat Luthra, Los Angeles, CA Thu Apr 15, 2010

I'm looking for a single family home, and the best I can afford now is $180,000. Just wondering if its possible to get something in this rate?

Answers

8
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Apr 15, 2010
Absolutely. Depends on what part. It won't be great area, but they exist.

Contact me for more details.

Richard Schulman
#1Buyer's Agent
Keller Williams Los Angeles Region
310-482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
http://www.RichardSchulman.com
Kenya Reeves…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Apr 21, 2010
First, Congrats on your decision to buy a home! I work with a ton of first time home buyers who have limited funds but are ready to purchase now. It is possible. There are lots of neighborhoods in Los Angeles that you can afford. Are you willing to get your hands dirty? Expect to paint and do a few other improvements over time. I can assure you that if you have an open mind and you are determined you will definitely get something in that range! Best of Luck Raj!Feel free to call or email me if you have any questions and haven't found the perfect agent.
Kenya
Web Reference:  http://KenyaReevesCosta.com
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hi Raj;
I'm just wondering why a single family home vs. a condo? A condominium will give you more options, with more square footage, in more, and better, neighborhoods.
You can, of course, find properties throughout Los Angeles and surrounding counties that are single family homes. In addition, if you want to reside in the property, consider a duplex or triplex, which will assist you with income to help make the payments.
The real estate landscape is broad. I'm confident you can find the right fit.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
Certified Short Sale Professional
Certified Home Retention Specialist
e-Agent
(D) 818.564.6591
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog
VIOLET Schmid, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hey Raj:) Well, you can purchase a property for $180,000 in LA, it just depends on what exactly and what area you are looking for. Do contact me when you can and I will be glad to email you what is available in that price range. Have a GREAT day:)
Rueben Marti…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hi Raj. It is possible to be able to buy a house for $180,000! but you will be limited to the areas where you can purchace your home. And the market is very competetive right now .
Monique and…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hello Raj,

It's possible. Depends on if you are picky about neighborhoods or open. There are a lot of options in Los Angeles. I have such a property listed on Trulia. You would have better options in Condos neighborhood wise but yes, you can get a home for 180k in LA Couty.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Lynn Le Glai…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hi Raj,
You can get a home for $180,000.00 in Los Angeles. Since the inventory at that price point is hard to come by, you'd have to be ready to by right away. What I mean to say is that if you saw something you like at $180,000.00, you'd have to jump on it and have all your ducks in a row--loan, etc.
if you'd like to see what's available, I could send you all listings of properties for sale at $180,000.00. Feel free to email or call me.
Yours,
Lynn LeGlaire
Los Angeles
DRE# 01469487
email: lynnleglaire@kw.com
p: 323-219-4480
Web Reference:  http://www.lynnleglaire.com
Jeffrey White, Agent, Beverly HIlls, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
There are SFRs for under $200,000 but they will be in outlying areas of Los Angeles. It will depend upon where you are commuting to work, and or what part of the city you spend your time in, but in general the northern San Fernando Valley and the Inland Empire would be the first general areas to consider.