Is every home in Canyon Lake part of an association? I see that most listing give HOA fees but a few (very few) do not. Unsure if that's an

Asked by Thor, Canyon Lake, CA Tue Aug 9, 2011

oversight

Answers

7
Kwhitewjb, Home Buyer, Canyon Lake, CA
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Canyon lake is over-rated - I have lived in her for 14 yrs now lake is dirty - contaminated most of the time - golf course is to be sold - most of the amenities are not used a lot- crime rate (burglaries ) gone up because of all the renters in here now - POA does not enforce rules especially The ACC - committees with volunteers who have no experience is allowing unsafe ridiculous structures - give it 5 more years you will see the real change - I say just open the gates - let the motorcycles in - etc.... Not like the rules are really enforced in here -
Thank you for the heads up
Flag Mon May 25, 2015
Bobby Kielty, Agent, Canyon Lake, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
Yes. Every home in Canyon Lake is a part of the association. Canyon Lake is a unique neighborhood that has tons of activities and its own private lake to enjoy. In fact, the only people that can take their boat on Canyon Lake are residents of Canyon Lake. This is either by owning a house, condo, or land in the community. The dues at Canyon Lake just rose to 250/month but considering what the city offers, I don't see it as too much. One great thing about Canyon Lake is the taxes are super low considering most tract homes have taxes over 2 percent. Canyon Lake is very close to 1 percent. I hope this message helps you.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Wow Kwhitejb, I'm really sorry to hear that. If all that you say is really true it's very sad. I was one of the first buyers to ever purchase a lot in CL back in '67-68 when they first broke ground. In fact I was the 2nd president of the Canyon Lake Ski Club.

I sold my lot in the 80's because I invested heavily in San Diego Real Esate and moved my family to North County in '80. I still have some friends that live there and have since the beginning. I think I'll contact them and get their opinions.
Mike and Rob…, Agent, Canyon Lake, CA
Wed Aug 10, 2011
All homeowners in Canyon Lake pay the HOA dues of $215.00 per month. If a listing does not post the HOA fee it is not accurate information. The fee covers the maintenance and amenities within the community that are only offered to residents of Canyon Lake. Canyon Lake is a guard gated community with security patrol.
There are many amenities including golf, lake, parks, beaches, basketball courts, tennis, and a community center with a pool. Within the gate there is also a baseball field and equestrian center. There are additional fees for the equestrian center, golf green fees, and docking fees for the lake. This is a wonderful community for all ages.
Justin Bevins, Agent, Canyon Lake, CA
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Hi Thor,

All property owners in Canyon Lake, whether they own land or a home, currently pay $215 month. Those dues cover the cost of our lake lease and maintenance of all the grounds and facilities including the lodge, parks, and beaches. Some of the other amenities like the golf course and equestrian center are also supported through additional fees to users of those facilities.

There are also two other areas known as the Canyon Lake Estates and the Fairway Estates that also pay the monthly $215 and enjoy all the amenities of the community. The Canyon Lake Estates are all large acreage properties on the South side of Railroad Canyon Rd. and they are not gated. The Fairway Estates are also on the South side of Railroad Canyon Rd. behing the Towne Center and they consist of manufactured and mobile homes and they are gated, although not with 24 hour guards like the main area of Canyon Lake.

There are 6 condominum complexes in Canyon Lake that have there own association dues in addition to the Canyon Lake POA.
Web Reference:  http://www.BevinsGroup.com
Ryan Smith, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Everyone one of them inside the community walls. There are neighborhoods outside the city walls that are part of canyon lake but I'm not sure if they have access to the lake or pay hoa dues. You can contact the canyon lake POA to find out for sure.
Web Reference:  http://www.ajsocalteam.com
Mikesimpleem…, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Tue May 31, 2016
Can anyone let me know if property ownership *includes* (within HOA) having a dock/boat on your property? Also, what is the age demographic of this community?

Fiance' and I currently live in downtown San Diego, but we eventually want to find something on a lakefront, preferably in CA, but would also consider similar climates elsewhere (jobs allow for flexibility). Our price range is anything south of $700k, most likely.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this thread after searching for a lake in CA that might NOT include a HOA, but perhaps having a well-maintained lake is the one time where a HOA might not be such a nuisance?

Thank you!
Please do not buy in Canyon Lake. The politics are crazy! The people running POA are dishonest. The crime rate has gone up substantially in the past year. I live there currently and am trying to sell my home. Golf course looks terrible. Filled with tons of weeds. Lake contaminated. No body contact.
Flag Thu Aug 18, 2016
Oh, and I should also mention--looking online only so far, we liked the look of Canyon Lake!
Flag Tue May 31, 2016