Is commuting from campo to San Diego really worth it?

Asked by Musyq101, Spring Valley, CA Thu Feb 28, 2013

My husband is currently in the military stationed at 32and st we were considering moving to campo which means he would have to commute daily. So question is. Are the cheaper prices in campo really work the commute?

Answers

4
Desmond Coll…, Agent, Solana Beach, CA
Mon Mar 4, 2013
I think so, but it's a matter of personal opinion. You and your husband have to weigh the benifits verse the commute and make that choice.

I hope all ends well.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
I'm afraid only you can answer that...it is a long commute but only you can determine the advantages/disadvantages relative to your other options.

Everybody is so different...
asirois, , San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
You may want to consider to "practice" the commute. You can probably find a reasonably priced motel and rent a room for 1 week. This would give you a chance to actual feel what the drive and/or traffic would be like on your schedule, and how much gas you would use. Then you would know for yourself whether it is something you can deal with, or would be an absolute no way.
Web Reference:  http://www.guildMESAsd.com
Tina Pankey…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 28, 2013
The short answer is, no. For a couple of reasons: The first one is, if it's the rural lifestyle you're after you can find that a little closer in--off 94 in Dulzura or Jamul or off 8 in east El Cajon, Lakeside, Crest, etc.

If you're trying to minimize your housing costs, you might want to look near where you are now, in Spring Valley , Lemon Grove or El Cajon. There are still some very affordable properties in "metro" East County.

Just for fun, you could calculate the cost of the additional gas you'd buy if you lived farther east; that would help you figure out the net cost of living difference between Campo vs., say, Lemon Grove.

I'd be glad to help if you need an agent. I live in East County and know the area well. Good luck!