Is buying a stucco house (built 2000) too risky when considering resale in 10 years? Does one have to list below market and wait a long time?

Asked by forrmur, West Lakeland, MN Sun Nov 25, 2012

Answers

6
Elisa Eesley…, Agent, Stillwater, MN
Thu Feb 26, 2015
I just listed and sold a home that was built in the mid-90's with stucco. The answer depends on many items. Don't hesitate to connect with me at 651-430-8033 ElisaEesley@remax.net for a thorough consultation. Thank you Forrmur.
John and Bec…, Agent, Woodbury, MN
Fri May 24, 2013
Feel free to contact me as it is a long answer but I certainly can help provide information that would assist you.

Thanks!
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Sun Nov 25, 2012
in ten years? this is one of those uanswerable questions. you need to hire a realtor, someone who knows the markets, has studied construction of homes in the last decade or so and who is skilled in helping you set a listing price for your current home. in ten years, whether you have purchased and been living in the stucco home you describe, the same things will happen. you will find the best way to assess its value, study the market and price your home to sell. good luck! liz, 612-986-4105
Ryan Bretzel, Agent, Stillwater, MN
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Stucco is a great maintenance free durable exterior. It is all about proper ventilation inside and no water penetration outside. If you have a good stucco inspection and they feel the construction was done properly and there are no moisture issues it would seem the home was done right. You can then supply that report to future buyers. Good luck
Lenny Frolov, Agent, Brooklyn Park, MN
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Have the stucco inspected by a stucco expert, not all stucco homes in that era are troublesome. If you find that it was done properly there is less to worry about and shouldn't be a problem for resale. If the inspector is worried about the application of the stucco then you may have a significant repair coming up.
Alissa Spears, Agent, Rockport, TX
Sun Nov 25, 2012
If Stucco is common in that area, then I think resale would be a safe investment.
Alissa Spears http://www.HomesInRockport.com