Is beverly hills a place where all the action takes place? How close by is universal studios from beverly hills CA?

Asked by Maria.formenton, New York, NY Tue May 13, 2014

Answers

17
Kieran Jacks…, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Thu Jan 15, 2015
As with traveling many different routes in Los Angeles throughout the day, how close is one's destination really isn't a matter of distance, but a matter of time! With a city like Cleveland, or Tampa Bay, you could answer this question like "downtown is 3 miles away", or "the stadium is 3 exits down the freeway".

However in Los Angeles, travel times vary so vastly, given the time of day one is making their journey. While Beverly Hills is not far from Universal Studios at all, it could take an hour to get from one to the other depending on the time of day you are traveling.

In terms of action... I love the daily bustle that goes on over at Rodeo Dr, Canon, Roxbury, etc. At night this area turns into a ghost town. You could travel slightly east on Wilshire and will find lots to get into. One of my favorite restaurants is in this area... Kate Mantilini! (Kate Mantilini happens to be from my hometown, Cleveland) This is where they shot a well known scene for the movie Heat. When I discovered this, I was sitting at the exact table that Al Pacino and Robert Deniro were having that intense conversation in the movie!

Kieran
Web Reference:  http://kieranjackson.com
Great answer.
Flag Thu Jan 15, 2015
Susan Oliver, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed May 14, 2014
Beverly Hills is a great place. Restaurants are fabulous, shops are fantastic, and being able to walk around the village is a lot of fun. That being said, Los Angeles is filled with great enclaves, including West Hollywood, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice, Culver City... All have great nightlife as well. Universal Studios is not extremely close to Beverly Hills, but it is easy (but full of traffic at rush hour )to get to and from there through the canyons and freeways. If I can be of further help to you, please let me know.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue May 13, 2014
It's hard to know 'what 'all the action' means.' It certainly is a lively, wealthy area with ritzy shops and restaurants,
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Thu Jan 15, 2015
No, this is a very boring location, nothing cool at all around this location.
Voices Member, , 30380
Sun Aug 10, 2014
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
there are some mega exciting projects on the way.
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Though Sunset Blvd is already home to some of the best action with the Mondrian, Andaz, House of Blues, Katana, Rivabella, Sunset Tower Hotel, Boa, etc, etc...
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Doheny Estates, the Bird Streets and Sunset Plaza have some of the most breathtaking view homes you can imagine located only a stones throw down to our world famous Sunset Blvd.
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
This area is where I believe you'll see some the most sizzling action in the coming years.
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
, I’m particularly plugged-into the Sunset Plaza area of Hollywood Hills (East) which neighbors Beverly Hills above the world famous Sunset Blvd
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Though I sell all around Los Angeles including Beverly Hills
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
12346579874654987546549846541684
Thomas Magaz…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Beverly Hills has a world famous prestige and mystique that appeals to high net worth individuals on an International scale. There is "exclusive" action (private parties/events) that you'll need to be personally invited to or know someone who is (in most cases). If you have those kind of connections... you're likely already in good company. If not, call me up and I'll introduce you to a few people. Rodeo Drive is where you can find a great deal of "action" in regard to maxing out your credit cards on a shopping spree and then enjoy some fine dining action with some delicious wine.
Tory Hoyer, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu May 15, 2014
Los Angeles is a diverse, exciting and sprawling city! There are different crowds and vibes in every neighborhood. I think Beverly Hills is a classy place to do some window shopping and grab lunch but action is taking place everywhere. You will need to tour around until you find what clicks with you. Let me know if you need a guide :)
shaynareales…, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Wed May 14, 2014
Beverly Hills is close to great shopping and restaurants as well as it's near other cities that may contain "more action".

It's close to the beach cities Santa Monica and Venice. It's also close to the areas where movies and music videos are shot: Hollywood, West Hollywood, San Fernando Valley and Universal Studio. Also, the famous Sunset Blvd runs through Beverly Hills!

There is so much to do in and around Beverly Hills, I'm sure you'll have enough action for a handful of years!
Tristam Biel…, Agent, South Pasadena, CA
Wed May 14, 2014
It really depends on what action you are looking for. I think BH is a little quiet for my tastes. West Hollywood, Hollywood or Downtown LA is better for action in terms of nightlife.

BH is not too far from Universal but it is a town surrounded by poor road infrastructure so it can take a long time to drive to places. Up to an hour drive to Universal would not be unheard of.

If you need to have quick access to Universal and are looking for action, then Hollywood or maybe Silver Lake may be a better choice.

Let me know if you need any more info on neighborhoods in LA.
Web Reference:  http://www.neladigs.com
Matthew Bart…, Agent, Glendora, CA
Tue May 13, 2014
Hi Maria,

Beverly Hills is certainly a place of action. The city is centrally located near Hollywood, Century City, Westwood, Santa Monica, Downtown LA and more. Whether you have designs to shop, eat, conduct business or simply try to spot a celebrity, there is much to do. The drive time to Universal Studios really depends on the traffic, which can be a challenge. Depending on traffic you can expect a 30 minute to 1 hour drive time.

Should you have any further questions, please let me know. Thank you for your question.

Warmest Regards,

Matt
http://www.matthewbartlettrealestate.com