Is best buy homes reliable/trustworthy?

Asked by Homebuyer001, Cambria Heights, NY Sat Apr 13, 2013

Is best buy homes reliable? They have houses listed that I like but the address of the house never seems reliable. So as nice as a house it is if it's not in the location it says it is. I'm not interested and find it difficult to trust any of there listings. Why do they do that and is best buy homes reliable/trust worthy.

Answers

2
Lisa’s answer
Lisa, Home Buyer, Fresh Meadows, NY
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Last year, I responded to a house for sale posted by a Best Buy Homes agent, made an appointment to meet at his office and went out to see the house. All was going fine until he talked me into looking at a house that was different from the one I was expecting to see. During the car ride to the other house, I asked him more than 3x, "what about the house I am interesed in,?" but he continued to dodge the inquiry and give a hard sell for "the better home." I looked at the house he was obviously interested in selling and wasn't impressed. It was more than I was willing to spend and not in the neighborhood I wanted--unlike the house I was calling about. Long story short, he never showed me the house posted even after I asked about it AGAIN after we returned to the office. He stopped returning my phone calls.

I wound up buying a house a couple months later. About less than 2 months in my new home, I received a real estate alert that I had set up here on Trulia during my house hunting days. To my surprise, I saw a Best Buy Homes posting of a really nice looking house for sale in my new neighborhood with a very enticing low purchase price....It was actually a picture of the house I just bought!! I called the phone # and the agent gave me the same friendly sales pitch that cleverly evaded my inquiry about the house in the posting. I finally cut him off, told him the posting was a crock of s*** because it was a picture of MY house and ordered him to take it down. He hung up on me. The posting suddenly disappeared.

So there you have it. My opinion is, based on my experience with them, the houses they post don't actually exist. They are bait to get you in to look at other houses they're trying to flip.

And a note ot the agent who responded "...if you don't trust the site why are you using it." It's not the site that's untrustworthy, it's the real estate professionals (not all) who are unscrupulous and use bait and switch tactics to sell their homes. Best Buy Homes is one of them.
I had the same experience.. Pretty pictures, no inventory. So many so called Real estate agents in Queens NY do this. They are very dishonest and need to be regulated. They are predatory as well.. They buy homes for cash do quick fixes ands sell for way above the market price for a particular area, thereby driving the prices up... you can't even trust what you get if you go into a deal with them. One showed me a house and when I looked online I saw the same house for $30,000 less.. same company -Best Buy Homes!!!
Flag Thu Sep 5, 2013
totally agree! Had the same, exact experience with one of their agents. Never saw the house i asked about. My suggestion is to take the info from the website to a local agent and be very clear, ' this is what I'm looking for, etc..I'm not going to waste your time because I don't want you to waste mine!" That what I did three days ago. Happy house hunting.
Flag Sun Apr 28, 2013
Linda Lorenzo, Agent, McKinney, TX
Sat Apr 13, 2013
So curious if you don't trust the site why are you using it. You need to find a local Realtor who can help you find homes that are currently for sale. I get clients all the time who ask about this or that home they saw on some website and 99% of the time they are not available. A Realtor has access to the most current informtion.
I never said I don't trust the site. I said I don't trust best buy homes and it makes me wonder if those reviews are all fake. I've called them a couple times and they never like to deal with realtors and as you don't want to view a house they don't like to let off any information such as where it is really located.
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013