Minh Vo, Home Buyer in Costa Mesa, CA

Is anyone know if there is $15000 government grant for 1st time buyer going on right now 4/16/13? Will the money put in escrow?

Asked by Minh Vo, Costa Mesa, CA Tue Apr 16, 2013

Answers

7
Frank Abbade…, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Thu May 23, 2013
My lender works with the Platinum Grant Fund which only requires the buyer to put 0.5% down on a 3.5% loan. You never have to pay the money back as long as you stay in the home for 5 years. There are a few other stipulations such as income caps. Here are some more details on the program:

Down Payment and/or Closing Cost Assistance (Currently in the Form of a Grant)
Not Limited to First-Time Homebuyers
Purchase of Primary Residences Only
Available in Conjunction with 30-year
Fixed-rate FHA, VA and USDA Mortgage Loans
New or Existing Homes are Eligible
Income Limits up to 115% HUD AMI
Available throughout California
Orange county income limits up to $96,000
Los Angeles county income limits up to $80,000

Send me an email for more information or for a lender that services this loan program. All my clients that have used this program have been very satisfied. The money may be running out soon so take advantage while you can!
David Pham, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Hi Minh,

The California $15,000 grant had long gone, and I am not aware of any active similiar grant for FTHB. Some local government may have some active programs providing assistance to home buyers.

David Pham
National Brokers
Rochelle Cha…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Apr 17, 2013
There are a variety of government programs available. Some are though the city, such as Tustin Field. It's a community with income based housing. The city of Huntington Beach has some homes that are income based. Additionally lenders have knowledge of various loan programs for first time home buyers that meet income requirements for governmental incentive programs.
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Click on the "Mortgage" Tab at the top, type in the zip code you will be purchasing in and call the first couple lenders that show up and they will be able to help answer your question.
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Apr 17, 2013
There are many programs offered right now and haven't heard of that one yet
I will get you more information for what is available sens me an email and I will send you what is available.
Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Joe Van Foss…, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Hi Minh,

I believe you're thinking of the first time home buyer tax credits from back in 2010. At that time, California state was giving up to a $10K tax credit and the Federal was giving $8K. The California credit was paid back to you through your tax return over the following 3 years. I believe the Federal credit was paid in your tax return in the year following the purchase. Those credits would not have been available prior to closing escrow. They also are no longer available to first time buyers.

Some cities do offer incentives to first time home buyers or moderate-to-low income buyers. If you would like to talk more about these programs, please get in touch.

Joe Van Fossen
(714)584-7154
joe.vanfossen@gmail.com
Rob & Janet…, Agent, Ladera Ranch, CA
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Haven't heard of that government grant. Might be a private grant.