Is anyone familiar with the Kingsberry Acres townhome community in Somerset, NJ?

Asked by sungerle2, NY, Tue Jan 29, 2013

Why are the list prices significantly lower (approx $90k) than neighboring community Whitehall Manor, which essentially has an identical style? Are these homes rundown? Is the area too close to the less-than-desirable section of Somerset? Thank you.

Answers

7
Carol Cohen, Agent, South Brunswick, NJ
Thu Jan 14, 2016
Both communities are highly desirable. The contemporary feeling of the homes are very appealing. Currently there are no homes for sale in Kingsberry and only 4 available in Whitehall (1-14-2016). If you are interested in seeing any homes in Whitehall or any other community, please feel free to give me a call.
Alan A E Hor…, Agent, Kendall Park, NJ
Mon Sep 23, 2013
This is now changing dramatically prices are rising. Really depends the price on the standard of the home "a shiny penny will always command a higher price and bring interest if advertised and marketed correctly, I have listed and sold in this great condominium. Alan Horne Weichert
, ,
Mon Sep 23, 2013
I sold in both communities and I can say the primary difference is the age. Kingsberry Acres is a much older community, but maintained very well. The distance between the two is not that great, both are off a very busy route, but with a good setback from the actual homes. When you shop these townhomes your concern should be condition of the home, quesitons for the assoication about cost of maintianing the development and an examination of the By Laws and budget Find out how many homes are being rented? Percentage of tenancy may affect your ability to even get a loan? Find out if there are any pending law suites and were there in the past? Bring up the subject of assessments.
Alan A E Hor…, Agent, Kendall Park, NJ
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Let me know if you still need the answer to this...908 300 7419, rgds Alan
Nayna Bawa, Agent, Monroe twp, NJ
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hi Sungerle.

I am not sure if my response is too late since you had posted this in January. However, I wanted to let you know that I actively show homes in those areas. Kingsberry is an older community than Whitehall Manor. It is approximately ten years older than Whitehall. The association dues are comparable for both. I currently have a listing in Whitehall Manor at 58 Sherborne St. Please let me know if you are interested in viewing this or any other properties!

Nayna Bawa
New Jersey Realty, llc
917-969-0093 cell
Mindy Feinbe…, Agent, Franklin Park, NJ
Wed Jan 30, 2013
The neighborhood is similiar. The Kingsberry Acres are older. They are not rundown. When looking for a home, it would be to your advantage to explore both communities. Feel free to contact me if you would like to pursue. I have sold real estate in the Somerset/Middlesex community since 1980 and would be happy to help you find your new home. Best of luck, Mindy Feinberg
Michael Adams, Agent, Belle Mead, NJ
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Hello Sungerle2,

Although similar in style, Kingsberry Acres is older. The homes were constructed in 1986 while Whitehall Manor homes were built in 1995. Whitehall Manor taxes are also higher.

Both communities are located near Rt 27; providing easy access to public transportation. Whitehall Manor is located further south and closer to Franklin Park.

Kingsberry Acres homes do sell for less than Whitehall Manor. According to GSMLS, the average 2012 sold price was $193.020 for Kingsberry Acres homes vs Whitehall Manor homes which averaged $255,625; with more sales activity

If not already working wiith a Realtor, I work and live in Somerset, NJ and would be happy to assist you in your home search.

http://about.me/michael.adams