Home Buying in Durham>Question Details

riverbendlig…, Home Buyer in Durham, NC

Is anyone aware of mold and/or wood fungus issues in the town homes at Falconbridge?

Asked by riverbendlight, Durham, NC Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

2
I'm not aware of any. If you have concerns you could talk with people in the neighborhood. I've included a link to the EPA which addresses mold and moisture. It's a good resource and may answer any questions you may have.
Margaret Moore
http://www.TriangleCoast.com
All homes here can have these type of issues on the flooring joists if there's a moisture issue in the crawlspace. That said I've sold many properties in Falconbridge and nearby Downing Creek and haven't found this area to be any more susceptible to this issue than average. If a vapor barrier was installed in the crawl space this helps significantly. When my buyer clients have concerns about this issue I recommend using a local mold specialty company The Mold Solutions Group who will can inspect the property and give a fair assessment of whether there are any issues of concern or not.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia if I can be of any further assistance to you.