Is a $345 price for a smaller townhome at Arts District Hyattsville too much?

Asked by RJ, Alexandria, VA Wed Dec 5, 2012

I recently visited Arts District Hyattsville and was given a price qoute with a $345k price for an Adams model. Based on what other homes in this community sold for is this price reasonable or can this price be negotiated down?

Compared to the other townhomes with a roof top terrace floor plan in the DMV area prices at $600k these seem to be a good deal.

Answers

3
Natalie Dean’s answer
Natalie Dean, Agent, ANNAPOLIS, MD
Fri Dec 7, 2012
These are phenomenal properties and they are definitely a steal compared with the amenities, amount of square footage, the age and the proximity to DC. These properties were priced quite a bit higher during the boom when the Art District was first making it debut and have held good value despite the economic turbulence that has been experienced. The infrastructure that is existing there in the commercial and retail sector also adds to the value and there is continued growth that is slated for that corridor. If you want to have a greater look at what is available on the market in the Arts District go to
http://bit.ly/Vo5Plm--gives a nice comparison of properties and shows all the active inventory.

All the Best!
Calvin Holt, Agent, College Park, MD
Sun Jan 5, 2014
http://www.marylandhouses4sale.com is a good website to follow the ongoing housing stats for Hyattsville.
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Hi RJ,

It depends on the amenities or is it just the base. I have helped buyers purchase in this development before and familiar with the sales staff. Feel free to give me a call if you want to discuss it further. I believe the pool will be in this summer and the gym is already open along with the art portion of the community center.