Is a VA loan better to get with no $ down or would I be better off apply for a convential loan?

Asked by Juicedformovin, Seattle, WA Fri May 10, 2013

Answers

4
Bob Savage, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Fri May 10, 2013
I would be happy to refer you to an excellent mortgage broker in the Seattle market who has lots of experience with VA loans, if you need one.
Ray Akers, Agent, Seattle, WA
Fri May 10, 2013
You will have less money out-of-pocket with a VA loan. However, a conventional loan will have a lower payment ---because you put more money down. If you can afford a larger down payment, then you're better off with a conventional loan. If you make a down payment of 20% or more, you can avoid PMI (mortgage insurance).
Curly Sue, , Texas
Fri May 10, 2013
It all depends on how you look at it. A conventional loan costs less in the long run, but do you have the down payment?
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
Who knows!
Every situation is different;
One may be more expensive today, but better in the long run.
If you have a good down payment; maybe you'd be better off with a Conventional loan.
You cannot possibly share your personal info over this site; you need to sit down with a Mortgage expert.
Oh, and, thanks for serving.