Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Sjea, Home Buyer in 60102

Is Trulia.com up to date in seeing if certain MLS numbers are still active or sold?

Asked by Sjea, 60102 Tue Feb 23, 2010

We have a list of homes that we have saved on our realtor.com saved searches but i know that realtor.com doesn't always have up to date information and many of those homes could be gone. Is Trulia.com up to date with the information on the site or if not can anyone recommend a site I can check if the homes we like have been sold. (we have a list of about 50)

Realtor.com would typically be more up to date than Trulia when searching for active listings. Realtor.com pulls active listings directly from the local MLS's across the country. No one can manually upload listings directly. When a listing is changed locally from active, to pending, expired or withdrawn it will disappear from Realtor.com within about 24-48 hours. Trulia gets feeds from other sites and listings can also be manually uploaded by individuals and agents. These must be manually changed or they may show active for months after they actually expired or were sold as you have seen in some of your searches.

Steven J. Pahl
Keller Williams Tampa Properties

813-319-6423 Office
813-763-7245 Cell

Web Reference: http://www.StevenPahl.com
The real estate market is a constantly changing world....expired, pending, sold, price changes etc. To expect that real estate sites are going to have the most up to date information is an unreasonable expectation.

As previously stated, the best source for the most up to day information is a local real estate professional. The information found on these sites may be helpful but don't expect it to be completely accurate.

Thank you for your question!
Hi Sjea-

Trulia is not always up to date on their listings. I would highly recommend finding a licensed realtor who can search the MLS directly to find only currently active listings for you. You can waste a lot of time without the help of a realtor. Unfortunately I am too far south to personally help you but if you would like I can refer you to a great agent in your area just let me know.

Sandra Rathe
Although no site is perfect if you are looking in the Tampa Bay area please visit http://www.Homes4UinTampa/listingbook.com. This site uses the actual MLS database and updates more frequently then other secondary sites.
Mark Zabilowicz
Tampa Real Estate Professional
I agree with Jesse. I have found expired listings on several sites. It is in your best interest to contact a local agent for the most up to date information on the market.

Trulia's listings are not up to date and not always accurate.
Check out the link below to search the most current & up to date Tampa MLS Listings