Is Rainbow Grove, area code 33916, a bad area? I want to buy an old 1960's ranch house to restore, and there are several in that area. However,

Asked by Elaine67, 33905 Fri Mar 5, 2010

I dont know Fort Myers, and wont be able to visit before I buy. Any comments on the neighborhood would be much appreciated.

Answers

5
Kathy Cardet, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jan 30, 2012
Hi Elaine,
Buying real estate sight-unseen is a very risky proposition and like others who've answered I would strongly recommend that you visit the property beforehand and maybe even pay for a professional inspection (costs about $300 around here) before you buy. Don't be afraid of losing a "great deal". Other great deals will come - especially after you're better informed. If you don't know what you're buying then you're not ready to buy!

If you're not working with a real estate professional at this time please contact me. I'd be more than happy to assist you in finding the right property and giving you more information about the local real estate market. In the meantime, check out the city-data website (below) for more in-depth, impartial information on our area and its various communities.

Kathy Cardet
239-851-6235
kathycardet@gmail.com
http://kathycardet.movetoswfl.com
Elaine67, Home Buyer, 33905
Sun Mar 7, 2010
Thank you all for your answers. I didnt know I was asking a forbidden question, lol. It seems odd that you cant answer that, but I did some research, and I do understand now why those laws were put in place. I wish I could visit the area first, but its just not feasible. I will be using the other tools mentioned by some however, and I appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sat Mar 6, 2010
Elaine, maybe you need to visit Fort Myers before you start buying fixer uppers. Isn't it pretty logical that a fixer upper could well be in a fixer upper neighborhood? Hey it's your money, but what you're suggesting sounds pretty risky.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Mar 6, 2010
As far as safety is concerned, your best source of imformation is always the local police department, you may wish to visit and ask all your questions--before purchasing anything, it is highly advisable you visit the area first--you mention you don't know the the area and won't be able to visit before making your purchase--if that's the case do proceed with caution and do lots of homework--it is strongly recommended that you visit and see all firsthand.
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Sat Mar 6, 2010
First thing I would do is highly recommend that you visit before you purchase. It is illegal for realtors to make comments on a particular neighborhood other than what the property values are in a particular area. There are websites where you can check out crime rates, schools, etc. If you don't know of any good realtors in the area, I would be pleased to make a referral. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com