Is Punta Garda a safe place to buy for Canadian and then rent the house? Is the market good for rental?

Asked by cazes, Fort Myers, FL Fri Mar 15, 2013

Hi, I'm a Canadian citizen looking to buy a second home in Punta Gorda. I would be in Florida about 4-8 weeks a year, so I wonder if this is a good idea.

Answers

6
Candace Mcshaffry’s answer
Candace Mcsh…, , Punta Gorda, FL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Punta Gorda is a very safe community. We have a lot of Canadians that do just what you are asking about. Purchase condo and rent it out.

Good luck please feel free to give me a call or email if you have additional questions

Candace McShaffry
941-833-1639
clmcshaffry@gmail.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Now is the time to take the step into Florida real estate....the fact of the matter is, one of the best areas for value in southwest Florida includes North Port, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda. Buyers can recognize great savings and get much more for their money in this region.

We have many Canadians that have all ready committed to enjoying part time southern living here and have found living conditions to be quite welcoming and safe. Safety is what it is....crime is an issue in nearly all locations.....but here, probably not much different than in Canada.

I'd be very happy to put you in communication with fellow Canadians that have purchased recently in the general area, in the event you would like the hear their opinion(s).

Bill Eckler
941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
GRI, Five-Star, Top Producer
Jenn Govero, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Yes, Punta Gorda is an excellent market the the rental market is strong. We have people on waiting lists for the right property.
Many of the Punta Gorda properties do very well with the seasonal market that we have in southwest Florida with our beaches, boating, sunshine, and warm temperatures for the winter months.
We are blessed with the Florida lifestyle offering some of the best fishing around.
It is a great idea to buy a second home here and enjoy the lifestyle for yourself. If you decide
to purchase a second home(a good time to do so as the prices are slowing climbing up); it would
be a good idea to have an agency or brokerage to handle your rental.
Thanks for the inquiry and if you need further help or information,
contact Jen Govero, Realtor, E-Pro, Re/Max Palm Realty located at 1808 Tamiami Trail
941-204-2224. goveroj@aol.com
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Punta Gorda is a great place for Rentals. My husband is a rental manager and always has more prospective tenants than he has homes to rent.
Call me & I will be happy to help you buy a property that will rent well.

Genevieve Ramachandran
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Yes, Punta Gorda is a very nice city. You can read more about the city by going to their web site at http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/. Or you can go to the Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce at http://puntagordachamber.com/index.php?subcat=23.

We are in short supply of rentals in this area and would welcome any new purchases that could also be used as rentals. If you could send me your search criteria, I can set you up to receive listings automatically from the MLS. Or you can search my web site at http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/

I would be happy to help you or answer any questions you may have. I cover the Punta Gorda area and have written many blogs about Punta Gorda. If you do a search of blogs on Trulia you will see some of the postings.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/
Gordon Derri…, , Punta Gorda, FL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Outstanding idea. Prices are still low and rentals are in high demand. Our company has a very active full time rental department.