hymack, Home Buyer in Princeton, NJ

Is Pompano beach a good investment for a beach home these days?

Asked by hymack, Princeton, NJ Mon Jun 18, 2012

I would like to buy a beach home in Florida (cash buyer) but not even sure where to start! I heard Pompano beach was a nice area (I'm from NJ). Must be kid friendly and beach front -- budget is $300K. Any suggestions?

Answers

17
Russ Greenbe…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Hi Hymack,
there are some great properties on the market but they are not lasting long at all and prices are rising. If you're looking for a single family home on a canal or near the intercoastal you may find something in the 400 to 500 K range starting area. A lot on the oceanfront starts at a few million so if a condo is in your preference some nice two bedroom units start popping up in the $300K range And Rise up from there depending on the amenities and the upgrades. I live on the beach and it's the best move ever made. call me at your earliest convenience to discuss your needs so I can better assist you. Warm regards from Florida. Russ Greenberg, Realtor, ePro
561-445-8782
Realty Associates "works for you"
FlaHomeMover@aol.com
Pweikel, Home Owner, Boca Raton, FL
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hello Hymack,

We recently sold our home in Boca Rato FL and purchase a 3 bedroom 2 bath oceanfront condo on Pompano Beach. We absolutely love living on the beach. With the beach renovation, it is now the most beautiful beach in the area. Our building is kid and small pet friendly, we feel at home here.
Marsha Umans…, Agent, Tamarac, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2012
$300K will buy you an excellent 2 or even a 3 br by condo by the beach. If this is what you are looking for, I will be glad to be of service.
maru72@bellsouth.net / or call to discuss (no obligation) 954-673-1624
Best of luck!
Nubia Rojas, Agent, Parkland, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2012
if you can buyy at the court i can help you with that you can call me at 954-854-0629 or nrojasbestdeals@gmail.com
Dave & Terri…, Agent, POMPANO BEACH, FL
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Well, to answer your 1st question...Pompano Beach is a great investment opportunity. Currently the the city is spending thousands to rejuvenate the area. We have just opened our Mega Publix Super Market and it is fabulous. We are also in the process of making the area walking friendly with ample parking and beach access. The area is sure to be even higher in demand as the improvements continue. I can send you our most recent Pompano Beach area Market Watch Report. Showing you quarterly sales and year to year comparisons if you will just email your request to us.

You have a $300k budget and you are looking for a home on the beach here. Just a few questions I need you to answer before I can give you an honest and professional answer:
Are you looking for a single family home or a condo?
How many children do you have?
How old are they?
How many more are you planning?
Do you have pets? If so describe...
Will you be driving to work? Where?
By Beach front, do you mean right on the sand, or is a mile away too far?

We would like to find a home that works for you and your family, but we really need to know more about you to make that happen. Feel free to contact us.
Ronen & Linda…, Agent, Wellington, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Your best bet would be to take a flight to PBI (Palm Beach International) or FLL (Fort Lauderdale Airport) closer to Coral Springs and stay a week, rent a car while enjoying the weather. I can send you an email to discounts at Avis or Budget and Wyndham hotels before you plan your trip. After a day or two if you like to area you can call any agent to show properties. Coming from Long Island myself, you can get a lot of house in Florida compared to what the Tri-State offers. Properties that have motivated sellers and priced appropriate move quick so searching now is a teaser. I hope I can help.

Ronen Tish
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC
12300 Southshore Blvd Ste 100
Wellington, FL 33414
Office 561-793-3400
Cell 561-568-6941
ronen@tishrealtygroup.com
Nicole Marks…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Pompano Beach is a great place to buy an investment home. I work with a lot of buyers who are interested in Pompano Beach. The beach is beautiful and there are a lot of cute restaurants and stores. It feels like a beach town.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
http://www.buysellboca.com
561-445-8743
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
I vacaton at Pompano Beach. And I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Image that.
What a great place to be. At the right price beach or near beach is the right move for all the reasons you already know. $300K may be a bit of a challage on the East coast. Actually, $300K would be a challenge on the Gulf coast also.

You are going to need a strategic partner to snag a deal at 300.
If you are serious, pick up the phone and call one of the agents who has responded.
No, don't click the 'contact' button.
No, don't email.
Go old school and call. If you are serious.

Best of success in finding your "Fun N Sun" home
Annette Lawrence
Remax Realtec
Palm Harbor, FL
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEASY.com
Ronald Postma, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
You heard right! Pompano Beach is the place to buy your beachfront home. Every morning I walk past the beach redevelopment that we have been patiently waiting for. The beautification project along Pompano Beach Blvd. and extending from the beach area west to Federal Hwy. (US 1) is going to be fabulous for Pompano Beach. The first phase is expected to be completed in Novemmber of this year. New restaurants, and shops are making plans to move into the area. Publix supermarket just opened up their new 55,000 sq. ft. facility with two story garage parking. We're going to have a new, larger library and cultural center. There are so many exciting plans for Pompano Beach, that will add to the many great things we already have.
Prices for beachfront condos are a good value now, but I anticipate prices to start rising as the word gets out, and the demand to live here increases.
I live here and can direct you to the best beachfront home for you, within your budget. It's a great place to live. My direct number is 954 234-3644 ronaldpostma@advantarealty.com
I invite you to check out my sites: http://rpostma.advantarealty.com or http://m.rpostma.advantarealty.com for smart phones. I look forward to hearing from you.
Janet Getter, Agent, Deerfield Beach, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
I have just the listing for you! It's in Pompano Beach one block to the ocean. If you join the association in Hillsboro Shores for only $250/annual you are entitled to a beach key. This area is filled with fun and excitement with great restaurants and culture close by.
I grew up in the area and haven't found a better place. Golf, tennis, parks, shopping, snorkeling, deep sea fishing, are all around the corner!
Please call me (754) 235-1626 and I will be happy to send you the listing and others in the area. Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
Nubia Rojas, Agent, Parkland, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
the inventory is tough if you want to buy fast let me help you , buying from the court house . i have a good team of lawyer who check every lien and i give you the market value but you have to act quicly because the bidding is online. also, no too many people has the 300k cash so your competion is less than if you send a cash offer for a bank owned home. call me 954-854-0629 or email me at nrojasbestdeals@gmail.com nubia
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Cash buyer? Why? Dead Equity!

You can get the same Cash Buyer deal with simply Proving you have the money to pay cash (i.e. Balance Stmt. From Bank, etc.) and elect to finance a portion.

With rates in the 3 and 2% range, Tax Deductible too for qualified buyers and using the RB program to pay for your closing costs, even those who can pay cash are deciding to not sink so much money into Dead Equity with rates this low!

What is that, approx. 2.5 to 1.25% after tax write off effetive payment rate? I'm just say'in!

See the programs here:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/mortgage_brokers…

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/realtor_bid_prog…

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
Marilyn Taff…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Co-ops to me are the best in this current economy due to the fact that most do not allow bank financing which boils down to the following......Short Sales and Foreclosures are not present in Co ops when financing is not allowed..Cash Rules...Folks buying Co ops are avoiding maintenance raising due to people losing their jobs and being upside down in their ownership of their co op. Being financially stable in this economy is a rarity indeed and in my opinion, Co ops are the way to go and Cash is KIng.
Marilyn Taff…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
In spite of the current bind that people are in at this time.......remember that folks like us from NY and NJ have been coming down here to Florida for the weather relief and investment purposes especially wanting to be in waterfront communities .....We are boating people and have lived on the water for almost 30 yrs. and have loved it. There is nothing like having the beach and intracoastal at our fingertips...I have been a Charter Boat Captain so my knowledge of what you are looking for puts me in a position of being able to answer your questions most intelligently.
contact me anytime......
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Dear Hymack,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. One place you must put on your list of potential locations is the north Palm Beach County paradise of Jupiter. The best place I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Hymack,

Pompano Beach is a great area to invest in.

You ask for kid friendly. My question would be are you planning to move down on a full time basis or are you just buying a vacation property? If you plan to live here full time, you will also need to consider the school district your home would be in.

You may also want to consider Deerfield Beach and Boca Raton. They also have some lovely condos in your budget.

If you contact me directly we can speak more about exactly what you desire in a home, and I will be happy to email you information on condos that meet your needs.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
Joan Tole, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi
you can lean alot about whats going on in Pompano Beach on their official website here: http://www.mypompanobeach.org/pio/index.html
Pompano is engaged in many beautification improvements and they do take very good care of their beaches. The price range you mentioned would definitely put you in a condominium of which there are Many NICE buildings right on the sand. there are many considerations such as Parking...do you have plans to live here and would there be two cars? Do you have or plan to have pets? Many condos have a limit on pet size and weight. Then there is location, do you want to be able to walk to groceries, banks, park, pier? for now here is a list of what is available in that price range on the sand in pompano. For units with at least 2 bedrooms with an ocean view and ocean front there are 39 available under 300k note that they all have a monthly or quarterly maintenance fee -this covers building, common areas, water, and sometimes even cable. Pompano also offers a great value for the money compared to the rest of the coastline........http://southfloridamls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=76161…

if you cut and paste the link into your browser you will get to see flyers for 39 available as outlined. I would be happy to show you or discuss in detail further. Just email me at Pompanobeachrealtor@yahoo.com, or call me at 954-296-4548..Wishing you the best!