Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Rory, Home Buyer in Palm Coast, FL

Is Naples expensive and what monthly costs do I need to consider for basics like food, electricity, taxes?

Asked by Rory, Palm Coast, FL Mon Sep 9, 2013

Looking to relocate from Europe and buy in next 3 years. Would I get something decent for $200.000?

Answers

11
Yes, currently you can get something very decent in Naples - condos for under $200k. If you are looking to purchase 3 years from, then the trends indicate probably not.

If your are purchasing a condo in the $150k to $200k range then figure for housing expense - condo fees, property taxes, electric, cable, water, insurance, etc - in the $6k to $9k per year, depending on which condo you purchase.

Cost of living would be much less expensive then Europe. The big difference is you will need a car, as public transportation is very limited. As far as food, clothing, etc. figure less than what you are currently paying.

Find out more here:
http://www.naplesx2.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
So when I compare, it's not that expensive here, although we always moan:-). I reckon food is cheaper over there though..........
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Thanks Tom. I know it's hard to compare, as you have the bonus of good weather:-). Weare a couple, have a 4 bed bungalow in Ireland with roughly 0.5 acres and property tax has just been introduced, which would be €315 a year if house is valued around €180.000. We currently don't pay any water charges and for electric (heating, hot water) we pay on average 50-60€ a month, so that's max 720€ a year. Insurance for home is around 380€ (per year). Nee a car here too, a there's no good transport in the countryside, but only takes me 20mins to get to work.
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Greetings Rory,

Three years from now is a long time in Real Estate as far as what will be available and for how much. However, as of now, you most certainly can obtain a lovely home or condominium. Depending on your needs, you can buy a condo for less than $200,000 in Naples and in gated or un-gated communities. I can not answer the questions on food, electricity, taxes, etc., because I have no knowledge of what those costs would be in 3 years. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Best wishes, Sandy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hi Sandyand thanks for the reply. Indeed it's very hard to predict, but just wanted a general idea of prices now. I know Naples is a popular area & I reckon property might go up a bit in popular areas, but not like it was. Of course there are a lot of factors, like job creation etc. Also have to consider that the next generation (like myself) won't have a pension like my parents:-)
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hi Rory
I'm confident I can help you find a nice home for $200,000. With prices increasing, you may want to consider purchasing sooner than later. I can begin sending some for your review as each community has differing fees. Feel free to send me an email and I'd love to add you to my long list of happy customers, including many international clients. I look forward to working together.
Best regards
Nancy Jaynes
Premiere Plus
239-821-3789
NEJaynes@hotmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Rory,
Go to http://www.naplesarea.com this is the official site of the Naples Area Board of Realtors. Once there, you can learn alot about life in Naples as well as lifestyle. More impprtantly you can search the NABOR members and pick yourself a Realtor to work with. Please remember that working with multiple Realtors will work against you so pick one and let him or her go to bat for you. We are professionals who take pride in what we do. We cant be everything to everyone but we can help.you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Rory,

Rory, there are so many variables in that question, so are you asking for one person or family, a condo or single family home, gated community or no? What area? Yes Naples is more expensive than many other areas. Location, location, location- to the most beautiful beaches in the world and clean! Please contact me directly if I can help. Or search the website below.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Thanks Peggy, will do:-)
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Thanks Peggy, will do:-)
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
We think it is a bargain for what you receive on community amenities. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Contact a Trulia Pro in the area (by clicking on the "Find an Agent" tab) and go over your questions with them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
I would really like to help answer any questions you have feel free to call me anytime!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Rory,

There are various price ranges for the Naples area. My European clients prefer to be close to the beach and to downtown Naples. Currently, you could buy a 1/1 condo in this downtown area for the low $200000's. However, in three years, with the current trend in price increase, expect to increase that price to the high $200,000 - mid $300,000.

Monthly costs based on the current units priced at $200,000 will be: association fees currently $450 per month, taxes estimate at $200 per month, electric average $100 per month, food ?? depends on if you eat out at McDonald's or a fine dining restaurant or cook for yourself.

Try renting a condo in Naples for your holiday. Once you run your toes through the sand here -- you will want to call Naples home.
Great question! Naples is not as expensive as you may think! If fact, you'll find a lot of value in Naples, and most importantly this is a highly desirable area that is only growing more attraction every year. I've spent a lot of time over in Europe over the years and happy to help you if you want specifics. Call me at 239-287-4557 or email at paddockp@comcast.net to learn more about the benefits of living in Naples. Thank you! Peter Paddock
Naples is no different than any other Florida community when it comes to home values. We have all price points.
Tell me what your needs are and I will send you samples of what is available.