Is Martinsville considered a nice community to move to? What are the amenities like?

Asked by Jodi, Indianapolis, IN Wed Apr 22, 2009

Answers

11
Kyle S., Home Owner, Martinsville, IN
Fri Dec 16, 2011
The only real problem with Martinsville is the Martinsvillians. If a zombie plague came through the town and wiped every living thing out it would be a much nicer place to live. You would likely not notice much difference between the remaining zombies and the current residents as a zombie plague would raise the county IQ about 50 points. Not a hospitable place for anyone who is not a "local" AKA "imbred for 150 years". I would not recommend moving to Martinsville unless you were planning a study on disfunctional societies, or the effect of advanced stages of syphilis on the human brain. In this case it would be an excellent place to move.
Bob, Home Buyer, Avon, IN
Sun Apr 4, 2010
The easiest way to answer this is yes it is good for commuting purposes. IT ENDS THERE. It is a back water piece of crap down. Did you know the KKK was formed here. I got out as soon as I could. The kids I graduated with were taught to hate blacks, gays, well basically anything that is not a white Christian. Not to say there are not some nice people here. There are some nice people like in every town, but the white trash out weighs the nice by a lot. I would say run away and never consider living here, unless you want you kids to grow up to only love whites and think like a small minded idiot. Hope this Helps. I would advise you to look elsewhere and only live here if someone hold a gun to your head.
Charlene, Both Buyer And Seller, Martinsville, IN
Sun Jun 9, 2013
If you like living close to everything (Bloomington, Mooresville, Franklin, Greenwood, etc) but don't wanna live near all the craziness of shoppers and traffic, Martinsville can be the perfect country retreat. It is absolutely gorgeous here, and the small town life is very peaceful.
afink1735, Home Owner, Martinsville, IN
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Yes, Martinsville is a very nice town. I moved here about 10 years ago because it provided an easy commute to both Bloomington and Indianapolis. In addition, property taxes are exceptionally low and you can get a lot of house for your money. I have found the town to be safe and friendly. I love having a more rural setting but still being so close to many attractions in Indianapolis, including shopping and dinning.
Faith46151, Home Owner, Martinsville, IN
Fri May 25, 2012
Martinsville is a wonderful small town. I moved here several years ago. Despite how the media and unintelligent people potray Martinsville, there are many advantages to living and rasing kids in this community. It has many small town festivals, parades, and fun things to do. We do however, believe community is not just where you live but where we call home. MOST of us take pride in where we live and how we raise our children. We believe (for the most part) in GOD, Country, and family. I have raised five children here. They are ALL very successful. (coledge educated, well adjusted adults. :)

My grandchildren now are being raised here with those same values. If you want to live somewhere where your neighbor has your back...consider it.

We have problems here but where can you move that doesn't. I can never see myself calling anywhere else home.

NOT BORN N RAISED IN MARTINSVILLE! LOVING IT JUST THE SAME!
Cee_era_brea…, Renter, Martinsville, IN
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Ive lived in martinsville indiana my whole life half my family is martinsville haha I find it not the most exciting but its very laid back country settings and somewhat hicks as they call us but all in all besides not being very much to do in this town its a nice area to raise kids and be able to teach them morals and respect ..the school districts has its ups an down and the police make up their own laws but all in all treat others the way u want to be treted and remember you are in charger of your life and what happens to it so martinsville is a great place to live and not have to lock ur windows as ur driving down the streets or worry bout someone shooting at u as u drive down the road etc jus know ur friends and keep ur enemies closer you'll have it made
Granmom, Home Owner, Morgan County, IN
Sat Feb 19, 2011
Martinsville is the county seat of Morgan County. There is a nice town square and a wonderful library with excellent staff. It is in the hills, so there's lots of wildlife. The people are friendly and very community minded. Many lovely neighborhoods. We enjoy the city services, the fall festival, and the easy commute. Come have a look!
Mike, Home Buyer, Martinsville, IN
Fri Feb 4, 2011
This community is like any other small community in Indiana EXCEPT it is within easy driving distance of both Indianapolis and Bloomington AND it is located in the very pretty hills of southern Indiana. It has everthing you need and property taxes are incredibly low. I like the Foxcliff area on the northside of town, lots of nice homes surrounded by hills, lakes and a nice golf course.
Sherry Stout, , Martinsville, IN
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Martinsville is a very nice small community, If you enjoy the rural life style, Best of all we have one of the best property tax rates in Indiana, and for location we are only 25 mins. from Bloomington, Indy, Greenwood, Plainfield, and Nashville. Most people are very friendly and help their neighbors. We don't have alot of amenities like big cities. Public amenities include; Golf course, Jimmy Nash city park, Public swimming pool, Morgan Monroe State Forrest, Drive-in theater, Bowling, Horse back riding, Nice resturants, The Paragon speedway is a local favorite, Parades and festivals, and of course local shopping ceners. Call me and I can email you some information on homes in the area. Mobile (812)361-5530 Office (765)342-7777
Dell Vandagr…, , Martinsville, IN
Thu Aug 13, 2009
Martinsville is a wonderful place to live. Conveniently located between Indianapolis (state capitol) and Bloomington (home of Indiana University), it is approximately 30 minutes either way. Fantastic community to raise a family, as most of the schools are 4 star schools. Small enough to still provide that "Home Town" feeling, but large enough to have lots to offer. Plenty of places to dine out, shop, or site see. Need more "Big City" life, 30 minutes and you are there. Low crime rate, low property taxes, wonderful community!
Tom Vornholt, , 46181
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Martinsville is situated nicely on Hwy 37 in between Indianapolis and Bloomington and adjacent to Brown County and Hwy 67 on the west that will take you to Sw Indiana. Downtown Martinsville has a good number of shops and stores around the couthouse square that adds to its charm. On the northside is Foxcliff golfcourse community.
On the east side along Hwy 37 are several restaurants, Walmart, car dealerships, etc.
Good place to live.
If you have any properties you would like to see, please feel free to contact me as I live in the areas mentioned.