Is It Ok To Sign Quit Claim By Spouse Before Buying A House At California?

Asked by Jewelv, 92404 Thu May 17, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sun Jun 29, 2014

Not without a lawyer who represents you reviewing the documents and the intent of the quit claim.
0 votes
Chandra Watk…, Agent, Redlands, CA
Sun Jun 29, 2014
Hello Jewelv - I agree with the other responses that your question is a bit vague. I would suggest you speak with an attorney for legal advice. Best of luck to you!
0 votes
Jory Blake, Agent, Corona, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but the answer is may file a quit claim at your County Office.
If your goal is to keep you rspouse off title to avoid "community property" , you may want to consult a RE or Family Law attorney.


Jory Blake
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more