Is Inwood a good place to live in Little Falls, NJ?

Asked by Kungfugeisha, Cherry Hill, NJ Tue May 25, 2010

Any details about the commute to NYC, crime, flooding, etc would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

5
Sara Lopatin, Agent, Englewood, NJ
Mon Apr 28, 2014
yes it is a lovely place, with friendly residents.
for more information, please call me at 201-647-7799
lawomen33, Renter, Little Falls, NJ
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Can I rent a single duplex in this complex are any open?
yes I have a lovely updated unit available for rent and for sale
please call me at 201-647-7799
Flag Mon Apr 28, 2014
Judith Amorim…, Agent, Caldwell, ID
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Yes, it is a commuter friendly place to live. I urge you to please consider the established community of North Caldwell, NJ. 3 minutes from this property and 17 miles from mid town Manhattan, the township provides exceptional education, recreation, community and saftey. Ranking Top 20 within the state; the Borough of North Caldwell provides Public Pre K to 6th grade schooling with a regional 7th to 12th grade middle/high school which ranked 16 in the state.

I urge you to please visit my website http://www.judithamorimdias.com and contact me directly (973-444-5643). There are a number of resident families which work in Manhattan and live in the North Caldwell community. With a number of Midtown direct express buses and trains, local residents attest to the quality, happiness, privacy and comfort in their selection of home in North Caldwell, NJ.

Kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
NJ Licensed Real Estate Agent

Prudential New Jersey Properties
50 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 &
14 Forest Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006

Mobile: 973-444-5643
WEB: http://www.JudithAmorimDias.com
Email: Judith.Dias@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Timeforlunch, , Little Falls, NJ
Wed Jun 23, 2010
I've lived at Inwood for 5 years and am pretty happy with it.

The bus to NYC stops just outside the complex. If you take the train, you'll have to drive to the nearby MSU station (<5 minutes drive but not really walkable due to narrow local roads and highway traffic). There was another train station within walking distance but it closed earlier this year.

Crime is not a problem. There is a private security firm that makes rounds overnight. I don't remember hearing of any burglaries, etc. since I've lived here.

Flooding is not a problem either. Inwood is located on "higher ground", away from the low-lying flood-prone areas of town.

Other things to note:
- The monthly maintenance fee can be expensive but considering it also covers utilities (except electric) and property taxes, it's not that bad overall.
- The property itself is pretty well-kept. Lawn maintenance in the summer and especially snow removal in the winter are done promptly and thoroughly.
- There are tennis/basketball courts and a couple small playgrounds for kids (both in need of updating but usable), plus a pool which is nice but requires an additional fee to join.
Colleen McMa…, Agent, Pompton Plains, NJ
Tue May 25, 2010
Just so you have all the information on Inwood Great Notch in Little Falls. This complex is a Cooperative ownership, which is different than a Condo/Townhouse or private home. This is called Fee Simple. With a Cooperative you own the property that your building in on therefore the grounds, maintenance, insurance is divided equally between the unit owners and you need to pay this monthly fee. Sometimes they can be very expensive.
For more ck out gsmls.com and here's some of the MLS# for Inwood Condo's.
Hope this helps.
Colleen
Century 21 Crest
Pompton Plains

2745155
2759573
2774318
2766055
Web Reference:  http://www.gsmls.com