Is Greenbank Development a reputable builder? Never heard of them before the development in Kirkland....How do they stack against Camwest?

Asked by Faulkland, Redmond, WA Sat Oct 15, 2011

Answers

4
Dori Z’s answer
Dori Z, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Jan 10, 2012
I ran into these folks as well when looking for a client of mine. Please also be aware that they are also building another development in the Lakemont area.

Based on what I saw at the Kirkland property and lin earning about them in Lakemont, it appears to me their average finish out quality is higher than an average CamWest finish out. I understand their key principals (owners and key management) come from other local builders. You may want to check out those individuals as well.

I personally met with this builder at the Lakemont location and he was very responsive and knowledgable. I do understand there have been several delays in that project. However I understand it is now moving forward.

Be sure to look into their builder warranty. They will still working on this when I was inquiring about this.
Finally and most importantly, be sure ot use a Realtor buyer's agent so that you can ensure that your concerns and best interests are being well watched out for.

Let me know if I can further assist!

Dori Z
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat Oct 15, 2011
Faulkland,
I haven't worked with them, but looking over their website they state they are a second generation family owned business and previous winner of some Master Builder Association Awards.
With any builder it's good to do some research and check out their various sites. If you buy a presale, visit the construction site often and watch your home being built. Talk to the local county inspector who will be signing off on the various phases of construction. Upon completion, have an independent building inspection completed before signing off on the home. Having an inspection on the new home will discover items which may not appear until after the builders warranty is up.
As far as comparing them to Camwest, which neighborhoods, floor plans and packages seem like a good value when you lay them side by side?
One final thought, use a buyer’s agent to protect your interests. A site agent works for the builder and is contractually obligated to favor them. There are various strategies I use with new construction to maximize my clients value. Best of luck.
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Sun Oct 16, 2011
Dans answer is perfect. Camwest reputation is nothing to write home about. Hire your own agent to represent you. That is probably the most important thing you can do.

I would suggest, that as a buyer, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. This will take you a little while to do, but will be time well spent, as choosing the right agent is the first step towards choosing the right home. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon.
Vera Brodsky, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Sat Oct 15, 2011
I would suggest you check the BBB as well as ask them for previous developments they have done and contact agent who represented them. Its a great way to find out how many homes they built and sold in the last few years. Also, always inquire about the builder's warranty. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.verabrodsky.com