Is Cumming, GA really far out? What neighborhoods are really great there?

Asked by Kevin, Gwinette county Sun Apr 6, 2008

We are interested in purchasing a home in Cumming, GA because we thought the traffic would be better than say St. Marlo area. But we were not sure if Cumming was too far out of the loop of things?

Answers

10
Robin, Home Seller, Cumming, GA
Mon Apr 7, 2008
We live in Cumming on the South end in Three Chimneys Farm which is very close to St Marlo. We currently have our home on the market and it is zoned for the new Lambert High School, Sharon Elem and South Middle. Great location and convenient to everything - multiple ways to access 400, 141 and hwy 20.
Karl Westfeld, Renter, Cumming, GA
Tue Sep 20, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Cumming, just be prepared for almost 0 % night life, unless you are a genuine Redneck. It's filled with somewhat provincial people and really, really girth challenged women. I'm sure the homes are reasonably priced and the schools are good.

Areas like Roswell are far more desirable if you are used to cool areas like Buckhead or Midtown.

On the other hand if you care not about things to do at night and are a homebody, than I reckon it's
fine.

Karl Westeld
so not true, very trendy lots of shopping and great schools and eats
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
David Wolfe, , Suwanee, GA
Mon Aug 25, 2008
I personally live in Suwanee, but on the Forsyth side which is maybe two footsteps from Cumming. It is a fantastic area and has a lot of growth happening. As for how "far out" it is, that really depends on your lifestyle and where your sphere of life is based. I would really have to speak with you further on where you spend most of your time and work. Then I could really anwer your question the best as well as give you some suggestions of potential "back ways" to get places. You can reach us anytime at 770-886-1881.

Also - if you are looking to potentially buy a home, we offer a Cash Buyer Bonus that could put up to 50% of the Buyers Agent Commission. This is a GREAT way to go on vacation or put new carpet in your new home. it is an awesome program. Plus we know the Cumming area very well. Again, reach us anytime at 770-886-1881 with any questions.
Nicole Tucker, Agent, Johns Creek, GA
Mon May 12, 2008
Cumming is a great place to live and is getting daily! The schools, medical, shopping and etc. are as good as or better than any other area in North Georgia. Taxes are very reasonable and less than a comparable property in Hall or Gwinnett County. You also have an easy commute to the mountains make it even better to live and relax and are minutes from Lake Lanier every where you turn.
Did you know that Cumming is considered Metro Altanta now?!

I work the areas from Cumming to Dawsonville and Dahlonega along with Hall county. If you have any additional question on the area just give me a call at 678-687-7700 or email me at realtornicole@gmail.com. i'd love to help if it is not too late!
Michael Hick…, Agent, Cumming, GA
Thu Apr 24, 2008
I think Cumming is the center of the universe! I can get everything I want within a few minutes, yet if I want to experience a few of the things Alpharetta or Atlanta has to offer, it's only a short drive away (except during rush hours).
Lorraine Bea…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sun Apr 13, 2008
Cumming is a great area and booming, with the newly built/under construction Avenues (upper end shopping and restaurants like the Forum in Norcross) off Exit 13(off 400) and 141 which are due to open soon, you won't really need to go anywhere else! Award winning schools are awesome, lower taxes, there's new John's Creek Emory Hospital on the south end, there's Northside Forsyth a little further up off exit 14 (off 400) and there are some really great neighborhoods. Yes, there is traffic, but where in the greater Atlanta area isn't there traffic? I have lived in the southern part of Cumming for 12 years and even with the traffic feel this is a great area, with award winning schools and a 45 minute drive to downtown/airport without traffic, we wouldn't live anywhere else. Traffic near St. Marlo is hard during rush hour with Mc Ginness Ferry Rd being one lane in each direction and 141 at MGF Rd until it they are widened. A few years back South Forsyth was called "the new Buckhead" in the AJC. If you ave any more questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call, I am a professional realtor (404) 429-7354. Good luck!
Elaine Thomas, , Dawsonville, GA
Sun Apr 6, 2008
it depends on what loop of things you are looking for. Cumming is a great place to live and full of things to see and do. If you work in the Alpharetta/Roswell area it is not a bad commute, but any further I would hate to drive 400 to downtown Atlanta everyday. Driving in for events is not too far.
Donna Duff, Agent, Dahlonega, GA
Sun Apr 6, 2008
Kevin,

I live in Cumming off of Buford Dam Road across from the lake and on the Lanier Golf Course. We moved to our current address from Old Atlanta GC which is across from St. Marlo. I can attest that you are correct. The commute on the "side" streets from your home to GA 400 or I-285 from the Hwy 141, Exit 13, Sharon Road, Old Atlanta, etc. area is tough. Even though It is bad on Hwy 20 and Exit 14, it is not as bad as from the St. Marlo are.

Cumming is a great place to live and is getting better everyday. The schools, medical, shopping, etc. are as good as or better than any other area in North Georgia. Taxes are very reasonable and likely less than a comparable property in Gwinnett County. Also, the easy commute to the mountains make it even better to live and relax.

I work the area from Cumming north up GA 400 into Dawsonville and Dahlonega. If you have any additional question on the area just give me a call at 678-637-6914 or email me at dgordon@prudentialgeorgia.
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sun Apr 6, 2008
Kevin,

Cumming is a large area, if you stick to the southern side of Cumming you will get a similiar feel to Alpharetta, traffic included. It won't be as bad as St Marlo area. The main thing to remember in North Metro Atlanta is that it is far easier to go north and south than it is to go east and west.

Cumming is a haul, if you are travelling to Downtown. However, many people pick Cumming because of the better value that you get as opposed to Alpharetta.

Good Luck
Web Reference:  http://www.GaHomesDigest.com
Judy Wittenb…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Sun Apr 6, 2008
Hi Kevin,

It's me again.....Cumming is becoming closer and closer in as Dawsonville keeps growing. There are parts of Forsyth County with an Alpharetta address and many beautiful neighborhoods that are close to Alpharetta. If you can tell me a price range and where you anticipate spending your time (work, church, activities) I can help you figure out where you may want to begin your search. One of the biggest draws to Cumming are the low Forsyth County taxes and the convenience to GA 400 as well as the beautfiul Georgia mountains. I'd love to help you further. Judy