Is Borns Lake stocked with fish on a regular basis and by who, the Forest service or HOA? and what is the source of the Lake...stream or spring?

Asked by Henry Thompson, 57501 Wed Jun 13, 2012

Answers

2
Stan Zuege, Agent, Pagosa Springs, CO
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Henry, I have been fortunate to have been able to fish the lake many times in the past. It once operated as a private fish hatchery and has always had a very good population of trout and some exceptionally large ones as well. It is a beautiful part of the world and is spring and stream fed, there is a beautiful waterfall behind the house that feeds the lake, the stream and plunge pool from the waterfall is always loaded with fry and small trout.

Mike is absolutely right about this being a private lake and no HOA involved. It is an extremely lucky person who gets to fish this little slice of paradise.
Pagosa Broke…, Agent, Pagosa Springs, CO
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Henry, bornes lake is private. I'm sure it has been stocked but it's really 1 property no h o a