Home Buying in Aurora>Question Details

hhutch777, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Is Aurora offering down payment assistance, for first time homeowners?

Asked by hhutch777, Denver, CO Wed Sep 11, 2013

yes it is called the Aurora Hoap Program . you can recieve up to $ 10,000.00 in assitance . You do need to meet the income requirements and attend a class. For more information call me at 303-729-1100. Blase de Roco Ideal home loans.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 11, 2013
CHFA would be a viable option for you in Aurora

Absolutely!! Aurora HOAP and others are available for first time home buyers. Contact me for lenders who can give you good detail and direction in how to get started. Then I could help you narrow down your search and find a property that works for you.

Robert McGuire
Your Castle Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
There are a few programs that assist first time homebuyers in purchasing a home in Aurora. I would be more than happy to assist you in getting pre-approved for a home loan with down payment assistance and give you all the details on what to expect and what the differenced in the programs are. Feel free to contact me through my profile with any questions you may have.

There are programs available for down payment assistance. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Most common is CHFA. Colorado Housing & Finance which allows up to 100% financing.

I would be happy to assist you and answer more details of the programs available and what might fit your situation specifically.

Kevin Ortiz
Yes and starting with a lender who is extremely experienced in down payment programs is probably the best way to go. Blasé deRoco is the Assistant Sale Manager at Ideal Home Loans. He's worked with down payment programs, Aurora HOAP, CHAFA and many others for years. I've had quite a few clients that would not have been able to purchase homes without these programs. Actually quite a few of them are moving up to larger homes now. The program did just what it was supposed to do for one of my current clients. They bought in 2009 using assistance, now they are selling and having a brand new home built. Here's his number 303-783-3983. You may have heard advertising on the TV and Radio for Ideal Home Loans. On Tom Martinos Referral list.

Good Luck, I hope you get your new home!

Sandy Kinslow
The Kinslow Team
Key Real Estate Group LLC
303 596-4147
Your best bet is to contact a mortgage loan officer, they have the scoop on all the programs available.
You can send an email to bend@aafcu.com

Tell Ben that I recommended you.
Anita Tart
HomeSmart Realty Group of Colorado
The Aurora HOAP program may be a viable option. A couple of my clients have used the program and were pleased with how it went. You can find information at the following link:

I know a loan officer that is an expert with this program, you can contact me for their information.

There are a number of assistance programs available out there. Here are a few:

1) MMAP (Metro Mortgage Assistance Plus) - Non-repayable grant up to 4% of the purchase price for down payment and closing cost assistance

2) Colorado Housing & Finance (CHFA) - 100% financing split for down payment assistance

I can help you with a number of these programs and refer you to multiple lenders that have many programs.

Feel free to contact me directly and I can help clarify many of the questions you might have.

Brian Smith
(720) 490-1687