Investment propery for rental return purposes.

Asked by Jman, Irvine, CA Wed Apr 25, 2012

I am planning to purchase a 2BR/1.5BA in Irvine. Please advise on areas with best school systems and rent-ability. This will be an investment property for now till we move down here in 3 years time frame.

Regards, Jehanzeb

Answers

7
Harrison K. Long’s answer
Harrison K.…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
If you want to buy an Irvine home for investment, the best time for that is probably now if you can find and win bidding the get right property.

See my article this week about Irvine CA homes and real estate market April update - http://liveatirvine.com/2012/04/16/irvine-ca-real-estate-mar…

Harrison K. Long - Realtor and broker associate, GRI - CA DRE 01410855 - Coldwell Banker NRT, Irvine, CA.
949-854-7747
Thomas C. Sa…, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Lori Hanson, Agent, Aliso Viejo, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
I have a 2 bedroom 1.25 bath that is coming on the market soon if you are interested. It has a 1 car detached garage and inside laundry. It is being remodeled and will be ready to go in about 2 months max. If you are interested shoot me your contact information.

estatepricing@yahoo.com
Eko Kuntjoro, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
The best time to invest is definitely now with the market being buyer's market. Irvine is known for its blue ribbon schools. Northwood High ranked 4th, followed by University High as 6th as the best high schools in Orange County (OC Register 1/4/2012). I hope this information helps you in deciding which areas in Irvine that are more desirable for your investment. Give me a call or email me and I can send you with information on available properties suitable for you. Thank you

Eko Kuntjoro
Remax NOC
714-932-9317
eko.remax@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.ekokuntjoro.com
Lorraine Mur…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
The Irvine school district is excellent and is a big attraction for many renters. However there are portions of Irvine that are in other school districts. The "Airport Area", "Northpark", "West Irvine" are all in either the Santa Ana school district or the Tustin school district. The Tustin school district is still a good one but there is more demand for Irvine. Since you plan on living in the home eventually, you should aim to please yourself in location and layout. Expect to have to do some repairs and upgrades once you are ready to occupy the home.

I'd be happy to help you!

Lorraine Murray
Realtor, Lic #01860007

Prudential California Realty
2405 McCabe Way
Irvine, CA 92614

(949) 400-8613
lwmurray@cox.net
Rob & Janet…, Agent, Ladera Ranch, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Typical rentals are going in the range of $1.50 price per sq foot depending on upgrades etc. We are in Ladera Ranch which is a more desirable family oriented community and have some great rental opportunities. Feel free to contact us (949) 226-8990 and we can talk about school ratings etc.

http://www.theblackstoneteam.com/about-ladera-ranch.asp
Olesya Drozd…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed Apr 25, 2012
What is your expectation in terms of ROI, and what would be essencial fo ryou to have when you turn it into your residence? Maybe it would be easier to discuss it over the phone. My phone # is 949-836-1976. Sincerely, Olesya Drozdova Bonterre Realty Group.