Asked by Peter Brunton, San Francisco, CA • Sat Feb 16, 2008
I wanted to thank everyone for their responses on investing in a duplex in the area. I also wanted to get people's thoughts on my list of assumptions. They are as follows:
1. Yearly property taxes approx. 2.8% of purchase price
2. Insurance approx $1000 per year
3. 2-3% yearly rental increases
4. 1-2% yearly property appreciation
5. 10% of gross rents for management fees
6. Loan interest rate of 7%
7. $1500-2000 maintenance fees; with major repairs every 5 years
8. Preferably 15% down payment, 20% if necessary
Do these sound right or am I missing anything?
Real Estate in Dallas
Popular Categories in Dallas
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!